Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm in year 11 now and i've got to pick my a-levels
    everything is sooo overwhelming cause i don't know what to do. like with all the colleges to choose from and sixth forms and options.

if have an idea of what i wanna become- maybe a doctor
    but i'm not sure of what a-levels to pick.

i was thinking of chemistry, biology, maths. i don't know what to pick for the 4th one: german, english or french???

any ideas...on anything...thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah good a-levels, literature would be good for a medicine application and is perhaps more transferable than languages, chill though, you can put anything down for now and change them when you start next september.

ReputationRep:
    Do it all!!!!! Do physics along with chemistry, biology and maths. Winrar combination :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Your first three are obviously perfect if you want to become a doctor, and a lot of medicine admissions tutors at uni prefer you to have a creative subject as well, so English or a language will obviously be very good. If you go for English, do Literature, it's preferred by universities.

Talk to your teachers as well, they'll be able to give you an idea regarding what they think you are most likely to do well in. Above all, though, do something you enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    as someone who does German, i'd say go for that, because only the cool people learn german :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, Biology, Physics and mighty Maths.

ReputationRep:
    do chem and bio for sure, maths cos it looks good, and the forth what you enjoy, becuase you can afford too with the other 3 stong subjects. Maybe german as it shows you're stong accross the board and languages looks great on CVs plus its a life skill for that all too common occurence of being stranded in germany

ReputationRep:
    German is the best subject. I'm not biased at all...
    For medicine, Bio, Chem Maths are perfect.
    4th wise: I take English Lit and German. For Englit there's a lot of essays and it can be time demanding, whereas for German the essays are much shorter and although it is still a lot of work, it is evenly paced out rather than having mad rushes when there's an essay due in for English. So maybe bare in mind the workload because you'll have to do lots of work experience and extra curriculars to do medicine!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.