The Student Room Group

Am I being a bad boyfriend?

Repost-

So I have a female coworker and today we were talking on shift as we are friends and I bought a can of drink that she hadn’t tried before. I told her that it tasted good and asked her to try it from my can. Turns out my girlfriend saw and is now mad about the fact that I offered even though the girl said she didn’t wanna try it. I’m trying to explain to her that she’s acting crazy. What’s your opinions on this madness.
You're not being a bad boyfriend, you were being kind by offering to a friend. But perhaps your girlfriend took this as flirting? Everyone takes things different ways and it's important to know each others boundaries of what they find disrespectful whether you may think it is or not. Everyone is different and react I'm different ways as well as having different views and opinions on things.
Perhaps you should speak to your girlfriend and be empathetic to her. Explain your sjde: you were being friendly by letting you friend try something but you now understand that it had upset her (your gf) and explain that you had no malicious intentions that it was all innocent. Let her know that you understand why she would be upset and apologise for letting it upset her and explain that you will be more careful.
No.
Your gf is behaving a bit strangely about you offering a coworker a sip of your cold drink on a hot day.
If she has a history of interfering in your friendships or showing any obvious jealousy, controlling or possessive behaviour- RUN!
You don't need any of the hassle that comes with dating a bunny boiler or future crazy ex gf.
Reply 3
I know some people are comfortable with sharing their drinks with anyone, Im not..not even with family members. The thought of backwash is disgusting...I wouldn't be ok with it either.

You're a little too comfortable. Her bacteria from her mouth is on your can, who knows what she has, then you're going to kiss me.

^ that's what my lecture would be about not so much jealousy.
Reply 4
This means you would be willing to kiss her, thinks your gf. Would you have offered it to a hairy arsed male colleague though
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Repost-

So I have a female coworker and today we were talking on shift as we are friends and I bought a can of drink that she hadn’t tried before. I told her that it tasted good and asked her to try it from my can. Turns out my girlfriend saw and is now mad about the fact that I offered even though the girl said she didn’t wanna try it. I’m trying to explain to her that she’s acting crazy. What’s your opinions on this madness.

in my opinion asking to try from the same can is weird, but if ur like that with other friends and ur gf knows then it probs isn't a big deal
if she did the same thing to a male coworker would u feel the same way and not care?
Original post by Zarek
This means you would be willing to kiss her, thinks your gf. Would you have offered it to a hairy arsed male colleague though

hairy arsed male had me dead, but that's such a good point fr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending