Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've also just sent an awkward email to deloitte. they offered an interview date of 9th dec, 4 days after cambridge :| It was at 9am though. Is the first interview in your chosen office? or london? cos if its london i had to ask if it could be made later to avoid rush hour, since ill be secretly taking my mum so i dont get lost. then for the main interview i'd go alone obviously. Oh well - if they can't make it later, then my mum will just have to pay for train.

(Original post by Clements-)
    What sort of thing was data matrices though? Cos i've never done that before, ever.

I had never done it before but im not sure is data matrices the one with the rows.

If it is it's things like rearranging the rows or columns and then what letter is next to the third one in a certain column.

It's pretty much that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I had never done it before but im not sure is data matrices the one with the rows.

If it is it's things like rearranging the rows or columns and then what letter is next to the third one in a certain column.

It's pretty much that.
    oh ok that doesn't sound too bad

I got an email yesterday saying that I had met or exceeded the minimum in the test and that they would be contacting me with more info.

Does anyone know how long it will take them?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I've also just sent an awkward email to deloitte. they offered an interview date of 9th dec, 4 days after cambridge :| It was at 9am though. Is the first interview in your chosen office? or london? cos if its london i had to ask if it could be made later to avoid rush hour, since ill be secretly taking my mum so i dont get lost. then for the main interview i'd go alone obviously. Oh well - if they can't make it later, then my mum will just have to pay for train.
    Did you sort the date out?

I got an email yesterday saying that I had met or exceeded the minimum in the test and that they would be contacting me with more info.

Does anyone know how long it will take them?

Thank you

Anyone?

I got the email on Wednesday and I havn't heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottish_student)
    Did you sort the date out?
    Yeah, it's now 9AM, December 12th. Hopefully it'll all go ok. When is yours?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's now 9AM, December 12th. Hopefully it'll all go ok. When is yours?
    Mine is this tuesday, i'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is this tuesday, i'm so nervous!
    Ohh, good luck! Let me know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, good luck! Let me know how it goes.
    I will do. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but not make them so low that I don't even try, if that makes sense. But its soo hard to get the balance. Its at 11am, which is good cause i'm not always the best morning person.

ReputationRep:
    I will do. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but not make them so low that I don't even try, if that makes sense. But its soo hard to get the balance. Its at 11am, which is good cause i'm not always the best morning person.
    Lucky. I wish mine were later than 9am haha

ReputationRep:
    Did IBM test earlier. how long do they take to tell you if you passed? Feel pretty confident. Finished number series with 20 seconds to spare

ReputationRep:
    Did IBM test earlier. how long do they take to tell you if you passed? Feel pretty confident. Finished number series with 20 seconds to spare
    Damnit they have a test too! Shucks! Can you give details about the test format - not the questions! I just mean the format!

And their deadline is like in July sometime isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    I had major technical problems with the tests and missed my deadlines. But i phoned up technical support, and they are sending me out another code and url. So gutted cause I had finished two out of three tests. oh well.

I think the deadline is 30th April. Ages away tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2strong)
    Damnit they have a test too! Shucks! Can you give details about the test format - not the questions! I just mean the format!

And their deadline is like in July sometime isnt it?
    The format is all over google. But anyway - its data matrices (utterly ridiculous - the most stupidly written thing I have ever come across. One question I really couldn't follow so just guessed), Number Series of which you have something like 20 questions in 4 minutes (pretty easy though, quite nice compared to data matrices), Numerical Reasoning, similar to deloitte testing but less based on tables and so on. All worded.

I got my email after a day.

To put it in context I took the text on a wednesday night and I got an email on thursday saying I had met the minimum or exceeded it and that I would be contacted soon but I have not heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    I got my email after a day.

To put it in context I took the text on a wednesday night and I got an email on thursday saying I had met the minimum or exceeded it and that I would be contacted soon but I have not heard anything yet.
    Oh, nice. Was it in the morning/midday? And yeah, fair enough. Supposedly they're really slow from then on.

Oh, nice. Was it in the morning/midday? And yeah, fair enough. Supposedly they're really slow from then on.
    I think it was like 3pm.

I reckon I might just email them to find out what's going on because the suspense is killing and now im worried it was just a spam or something.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was like 3pm.

I reckon I might just email them to find out what's going on because the suspense is killing and now im worried it was just a spam or something.
    Heh, I doubt it'd really be spam, would it? I wish i knew the sort of academic level people were at that apply. I really wanna size up the competition to see what sort of people eventually get a place there! But I can't

Heh, I doubt it'd really be spam, would it? I wish i knew the sort of academic level people were at that apply. I really wanna size up the competition to see what sort of people eventually get a place there! But I can't
    Did you put your AS grades or just your predicted grades?

Don't worry about sizing up the competition. Some people might have exceptional grades but may not do as well at the interview.

Besides someone else can't remember who on this thread said that we were early applicants so chances are some people havn't applied yet.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.