Turn on thread page Beta

PANIC regarding IBM app form! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Did you put your AS grades or just your predicted grades?

Don't worry about sizing up the competition. Some people might have exceptional grades but may not do as well at the interview.

Besides someone else can't remember who on this thread said that we were early applicants so chances are some people havn't applied yet.
    I put both.

(Original post by Clements-)
    I put both.
    Where did you put both on the main application form or on the CV you uploaded?

ReputationRep:
    Where did you put both?
    mixture of CV and application form. I just crammed it all in :p:
    On the CV, it had space for 3 qualifications; used one for GCSEs, one for AS, one for predicted. Similar for app form.

Haven't heard back about test results yet.

ReputationRep:
    I still havent got an email back about results yet, which concerns me slightly. even though i'm certain I did well......hmm. Panicky.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read this thread, but from your initial question about a role in finance - at the assessment centre you will have a couple of interviews and in one of those they are likely to discuss what sort of role you'd like to go into.

They don't really care about GCSE's or A-Level results - They judge you on the score of the IPATO exam you do at the test centre (gotta get 50% to pass) and how they judge you as a person.

Clements I wouldn't recommend emailing them yet, especially as its only been a few days since you took the test - you've applied really early so they won't be desperate to place you at an assessment centre yet.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Will

(Original post by lemonadeX)
    I haven't read this thread, but from your initial question about a role in finance - at the assessment centre you will have a couple of interviews and in one of those they are likely to discuss what sort of role you'd like to go into.

They don't really care about GCSE's or A-Level results - They judge you on the score of the IPATO exam you do at the test centre (gotta get 50% to pass) and how they judge you as a person.

Clements I wouldn't recommend emailing them yet, especially as its only been a few days since you took the test - you've applied really early so they won't be desperate to place you at an assessment centre yet.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Will
    I got an email saying that I had met or exceeded the minimum on the IPATO and that I would be contacted with more information.

However, this was over a week ago and I have heard nothing yet. I emailed them and they said I should be patient and that was it.

How long do they usually take to contact you?

ReputationRep:
    Just had a look back through my emails - I got sent the same email as you on the 18th December 06 and I got an email on the 8th January inviting me to an assessment centre.

(Original post by lemonadeX)
    Just had a look back through my emails - I got sent the same email as you on the 18th December 06 and I got an email on the 8th January inviting me to an assessment centre.
    Alright thanks.

Are all finance roles in Portsmouth because if they are then im pretty much screwed?

ReputationRep:
    Umm I'm not sure..last year I remember one of the girls was a financial analyst in Scotland and I did some financial analysing in Hursley so nah I don't think its limited to North Harbour.

OP - why are you applying to IBM and unis?

ReputationRep:
    OP - why are you applying to IBM and unis?
    Since I initially wanted to go to uni this year, but if I didn't get into my initial first choice (which then became my second choice), i wanted a back up and also decided i really wanted a gap year anyway. Then, if i don't get into my schemes, i have other unis, or I'll just do extra a-levels or something.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently working for IBM on the futures scheme, anyone want any info feel free to mail me

ReputationRep:
    Would it be worth contacting them anytime? They still haven't got back to me about my test, which I took last Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Would it be worth contacting them anytime? They still haven't got back to me about my test, which I took last Monday.

Did they get back to you yet?
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rotor)
    Did they get back to you yet?
    x
    I contacted them 2 weeks after I took the test; they said apologies for not getting back to me earlier and that they'll be inviting me to their first assessment day in Feb

ReputationRep:
    I contacted them 2 weeks after I took the test; they said apologies for not getting back to me earlier and that they'll be inviting me to their first assessment day in Feb
    Yay!
    And the finance thing?
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rotor)
    Yay!
    And the finance thing?
    x
    Don't know. Although they emailed me assuring me that it's all there on my form for them.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know. Although they emailed me assuring me that it's all there on my form for them.

Cool!
    I applied for this, no reply yet though
    What are your other plans for your gap year if you dont ge this? I got a deloitte rejection! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rotor)
    Cool!
    I applied for this, no reply yet though
    What are your other plans for your gap year if you dont ge this? I got a deloitte rejection! x
    Ahhh that sucks, what stage did you get to? I've also applied to Deloitte and will possibly apply to Rothschild and BoE.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh that sucks, what stage did you get to? I've also applied to Deloitte and will possibly apply to Rothschild and BoE.

Not even second! I sent off the form and got a rejection around 2 days later.
    BoE I am applying to as well, but they haven't opened yet right?
    I just decided on a gap year properly around 2 weeks ago, but it'll only happen if I get an internship
    Also sad to hear about your cam rejection, i got an ox rejection!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.