Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently studying at Oxford and definitely want to do an MA, hopefully atin America. However the costs associated with graduate study at these universities are astronomical.

    I'm looking to find out about options for funding an MA. Is it possible to get an internship with, for example, a management consultency firm and a job offer, then have them sponsor me doing a second degree. Is this possible or do people know of alternatives?

    Thanks very much,

    Your best bit would obviously be looking at funding opportunities attached to the universities themselves; the plan you outline sounds like it could be very time-consuming and finicky. There are a few highly competitive funding schemes that send UK students to do postgrad study ini the US (Fulbright for example), and the wealthier American universities would also have scholarships for foreign students. Ask some of your tutors if they have any advice, and do some online research.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.