The Student Room Group

Can I get the "Oxford experience" at Kellogg?

I got Kellogg College, which was actually the first college that I was drawn to as a postgrad (I understand it's not as big of a deal at this point) but I'm now having doubts (obviously can't change anything) about the modernity of it all and how for just one year I could have given myself a richer experience?
Reply 1
solution: make friends with ppl who live in more Oxford-y colleges, and try n spend all your time there!
Reply 2
Keep an eye out for bar and dinner exchanges, go to formals as a guest of others at o0lder Colleges etc. You'll love it once youre in the midst of things.
Original post by kcsjeo
solution: make friends with ppl who live in more Oxford-y colleges, and try n spend all your time there!

Original post by gjd800
Keep an eye out for bar and dinner exchanges, go to formals as a guest of others at o0lder Colleges etc. You'll love it once youre in the midst of things.

I've definitely been thinking of being involved in a couple of societies to meet people out of college, and getting involved in more intercollegiate stuff! However, do you think there are any good things about being at Kellogg?
Reply 4
Original post by postgraddargtsop
I've definitely been thinking of being involved in a couple of societies to meet people out of college, and getting involved in more intercollegiate stuff! However, do you think there are any good things about being at Kellogg?

Well each college has its benefits. I don't know much about the place in all honesty, I was at Pembroke.
bumping!
Why were you initially drawn to Kellogg? Did you visit before you applied? Was there something special about it to you?

Personally, I'm going to put Merton or Magdalen as my first choice of college because--like you--I really want the fabled Oxford experience.

However, Kellogg at least isn't the worst-looking or most modern of the colleges! It's actually quite beautiful, albeit small and in a different architectural style than most of Oxford.

Besides that, it also has the most students of any Oxford college and they're all postgrads, so I imagine there will be plenty of people for you to get to know. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
I will be at Kellogg as well as a part time student starting this year!
I was deciding between Jesus, St. Katz, and Kellogg from available options and picked Kellogg as I think it has the best support for PT students.
I still hope to be able to enjoy a bit of the Oxford Student life vibe when I am there!
Reply 8
Original post by postgraddargtsop
I got Kellogg College, which was actually the first college that I was drawn to as a postgrad (I understand it's not as big of a deal at this point) but I'm now having doubts (obviously can't change anything) about the modernity of it all and how for just one year I could have given myself a richer experience?

Congrats on your admission!
I believe that's the most important thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending