Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi peeps! Thought I'd start a thread for the lucky people who are going to Edinburgh in 2009. I know we've got aaages yet, but we can still enthuse about it :jive:
    As you can probably tell, it has just begun to sink in...
    I'm doing Architecture, btw. Needed BBB, and got ABB (in Biology, Chem & Physics). Scraped the Physics (2 marks) :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    Well depends on whether I get an offer or not, but I'm defo applying, looks amazing.

Congrats on the ABB.

ReputationRep:
    Going to the open day for a look on september 5th. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    definatly applying to v100 history and maybe social&ecnomic aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Du Ba)
    Going to the open day for a look on september 5th. Anyone else?
    I really wanted to but travel arrangements aren't working out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for History and Politics, if i get in i'll be over the moon. It's practically my second home, i can't think of a city more wonderful to both live and study in!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for History too. I went to the open day and fell in love with the university and the city (the day after i'd fallen out of love with Glasgow Uni), I mean it has a castle and a festival!! Not that i'm shallow enough to be swayed by such things :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Modern Languages & European Studies and going to an open day on 27th Sep, anyone else going as well??
    I'm pretty sure I'll fall in love with the city of what I've seen so far, although I've never been IN Edinburgh yet!

tsparrow, I was wondering how you can know it already? Are you doing a gap year or sth? congrats on the ABB!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm applying for Physics, haven't been to an open day but love the city People largely don't seem to understand why I'd rather go to Edinburgh than Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilmorism)
    I'm applying for History too. I went to the open day and fell in love with the university and the city (the day after i'd fallen out of love with Glasgow Uni), I mean it has a castle and a festival!! Not that i'm shallow enough to be swayed by such things :grin:
    Haha sure you aren't!

The festival is brilliant though, a whole month of comedy, film, art, random street performers and music. If i get in, i know already what my excess money is being saved for...

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    I'm applying for Physics, haven't been to an open day but love the city People largely don't seem to understand why I'd rather go to Edinburgh than Cambridge
    I preferred Edinburgh to Oxford so hi5 for that. Good Luck to all you applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digsy333)
    I'm applying for Modern Languages & European Studies and going to an open day on 27th Sep, anyone else going as well??
    I'm pretty sure I'll fall in love with the city of what I've seen so far, although I've never been IN Edinburgh yet!

tsparrow, I was wondering how you can know it already? Are you doing a gap year or sth? congrats on the ABB!

im applying for modern languages too and im going to the open day on the 27th

ive only been in edinburgh briefly but i liked the limited amount i saw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digsy333)

You'll love it! Thanx , yes I'm on a gap year now woop

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to study English literature somewhere and I definitely will be looking at Edinburgh (even if it's just to get away from home!). I'm heading to the open day on the 27th to try and find out more.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going! (deffered my place) I am doing Economics and Politics.

I was up for friday's open day though - mainly for a good look at the campus/George sqarearea.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for accouting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    I'm applying for accouting.
    Where you at the open day talk on friday for accounting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Du Ba)
    Where you at the open day talk on friday for accounting?
    yes.

were you?

ReputationRep:
    yes

It was so funny. Was it a chinese man that took the talk that you were at? He was so funny, however I wasn't impressed by the fact that you can't take just accountancy. Plus I didn't like the univeristy so I will not being applying.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.