Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Not necessarily. The requirements for second-year entry tend to be rather higher. For example, my course required BBBB at Higher for 1st year entry, but AAB at Advanced Higher for 2nd.

(Anecdotally, my two offer 'mails' in the Euclid system said that if I changed my mind and wished second year entry having applied only for normal entry, to speak to my tutor in the first week of term - oddly, in the same letter as they offered me a chance to defer the offer since I'll be fractionally younger than 18 at point of entry!)
    My Euclid offer mail said the same thing. However, I would like a confirmation that I can begin my studies from the second year before I actually come there. I suppose I'll just email admissions. Thanks for your replies

ReputationRep:
    WOO! Unconditional for medicine!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattbroon)
    WOO! Unconditional for medicine!!!!
    congrats

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified after looking at the admissions stats.

ReputationRep:
    At least you haven't applied for English!

(you actualy may have but I can't see...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince-Myshkin)
    At least you haven't applied for English!

(you actualy may have but I can't see...)
    Philosophy & Politics, not alot better.

ReputationRep:
    History and Politics: 11%

:eek:

Darn, and it was my first choice too!

:no:

ReputationRep:
    social anth & social history - less than 5 places available! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    social anth & social history - less than 5 places available! :O
    where are you getting these stats from?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sra.ed.ac.uk/admissions/S...gramme2007.htm

Misread the table though, they gave out 6 offers

ReputationRep:
    According to that table, the percentage for me seems more like 20%, the newest one is still at 11.6% though. Hu-bloody-rah.

I take it this includes all offers made, not the ones accepted?

When should admissions begin again? Mid-January?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard people talking about January 5th as the day uni's re-open. Not sure on that though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince-Myshkin)
    I've heard people talking about January 5th as the day uni's re-open. Not sure on that though
    I think it says on the ed. homepage when you load it up. Scary scary scary.

I heard the wait till the 15th after on time aplications are in to give out the majority of humanities/social science/art subjects anyone know if its true?

ReputationRep:
    Woah, so glad I chose Philosophy and Economics rather than straight Economics for Edinburgh!

ReputationRep:
    15th of Jan seconded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .chip.)
    I heard the wait till the 15th after on time aplications are in to give out the majority of humanities/social science/art subjects anyone know if its true?
    true.

uni doesn't start back for the new semester until the 12th so i dont know how much admission-ness will be being done next week anyway.

ReputationRep:
    urgh the nerves are up again, ucas stress doesn't help exam stress then I just get more stressed about which to be more stressed about .. so SO SO much STRESS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .chip.)
    urgh the nerves are up again, ucas stress doesn't help exam stress then I just get more stressed about which to be more stressed about .. so SO SO much STRESS.
    I know this is so easy to say in retrospect but please don't worry about ucas and uni stuff. Concentrate on exams as you've done everything you can for ucas now, and you need to get the grades for whatever your uni's offer you... you've done the uni part, they will make their decisions whatever but you can still change and have control over what grades you get and whether you make your offers. Whatever will happen will happen, and even if things dont go to plan with ucas, whereever you go for university you will probably end up loving. In retrospect I probably would only have applied to 2 of the universities I applied to- Edinburgh and Glasgow, but even if I'd have gone elsewhere I would have probably have still loved it. When you finally get to uni, and get into the course you realise how silly you were for worrying so much about whether X accommodation was better than Y or whether this uni was better than that uni. It all becomes arbitary in the end, and then when you get near to graduating you just think god I'd love to be 17 and doing it all again!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for English and Russian..does anyone have an idea about how competitive that course might be to get into? It's sort of my only option left now I got rejected from Cambridge..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaxor13791)
    I applied for English and Russian..does anyone have an idea about how competitive that course might be to get into? It's sort of my only option left now I got rejected from Cambridge..
    What kind of grades have you got?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.