Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else got an email from their admissions department today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Closer*)
    Nope. What did it say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Closer*)
    No - Ive applied for economics aswell. What did it say if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovenone)
    I haven't yet but I do have just received a conditional offer from Dundee but not from Edinburgh yet (though I think that Edinburgh are really late with making offers - or so I have heard).
    They're not late at all. I received my Politics offer and my Philosophy offer toward the end of November.

ReputationRep:
    just asking about predicted grades, was really good to hear something though, i realllllllyyyyy want to go!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_beth)
    99.9% sure i am going to
    Awesome. What subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Awesome. What subject?
    Mathematics

how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_beth)
    Mathematics

how about you?
    Mathematical physics. Lol, very nearly the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Mathematical physics. Lol, very nearly the same!
    haha, quite

most likely to see you in September then!

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose anyone's heard back about any of the psychology courses, have they? :/

ReputationRep:
    I accepted Edinburgh's offer for MSc Carbon Management
    who is my potential classmate?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know anything about joint honours at Edinburgh for English lit and a modern language? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for International Business + Language?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    BBB is the offer made to most successful applicants, but iv heard most are predicted and achieve much higher grades. How many Edinburgh students are offered a place with BBB as their predicted grades?

Sorry if there are lots of threads on this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samual)
    BBB is the offer made to most successful applicants, but iv heard most are predicted and achieve much higher grades. How many Edinburgh students are offered a place with BBB as their predicted grades?

Sorry if there are lots of threads on this!
    They do it so that they have a greater pool of applicants to choose from. It's unlikely they will give you an offer for a lot of their courses if you are 'only' predicted BBB though; the majority are A-grade candidates.

ReputationRep:
    No idea, but I can say for certain that not everyone who receives an offer has predicted grades which are AAA or anywhere close to this. I had ABB predictions. I don't think predictions really make that much difference at the end of the day, as all they mean is that you're more likely to meet a BBB offer were you to be given one.

ReputationRep:
    you are more likely to get an offer if you do a subject that isn't in demand by students like chemistry probably

ReputationRep:
    I guess it could be easier to gain an offer for the courses in the College of Science and Engineering, as they are in general less popular than the rest of the courses in the uni. Also, if you look at the entry requirements for people holding other qualifications than A-levels/Highers/other British qualifications, the requirements for the science courses are lower than for the rest of the courses.

ReputationRep:
    When are ppl expecting to get responses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScholarsInk)
    They're not late at all. I received my Politics offer and my Philosophy offer toward the end of November.
    You're also (presumably) international, and your fees arguably speeds/lowers admissions quite a bit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.