Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm waiting too i just realised how much I love edinburugh so I ge a rejection i'll be gutted ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    On ucas track I'd assume, although people from this year have been talking about their fee status changing on the EUCLID thing and then getting an offer... I dunno, Edinburgh didn't do technology when I applied. Literally the first thing you got from them was either an offer or rejection on ucas, they didn't even send you an acknowledgment to say they recieved your application. Then you got a letter confirming they were giving you an offer, then that was that until after results day!

My offer came through at about 11pm at night I remember, cos I'd already checked track that evening at like 7pm and there was nothing, and then I looked again just before I went to bed (cos I was obsessive) and there it was
    Cheers for that. I just want Edinburgh to hurry up so that I can make a decision on where I want to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artorscience?)
    Is this the question you want answering? If it is, are there any more specific queries on the topic that you have?

I know about joint honours in MFL and Literature: I know they exist, I can point you in the direction of the degree programme if you want to know about the split between language and literatures, I know of someone taking French and Lit...

If you are asking in terms of when/how likely you are to get an offer then the answer is (as so much of this thread is dedicated to saying) that it could come any time from when you send off your application to the end of March, applications are looked at in unknown ways by the admissions staff.

I'm not on a Science course so I can't tell you from personal experience, but... In first year, lots of your lectures will be in the Central Area along with all the Humanities, etc. students. The King's Buildings aren't isolated, they're well connected with the central area by a free bus (and aren't THAT far to walk to), but have their own social scene (cafe, bar, library, etc.) for convenience. The Science and Engineering School is by no means small so you are not removed from student life as there are as many students taking their classes at KB as are in the Central Area, you just mix with the people from Science courses when you're up there...
    thanks! i've already applied for english lit and russian, i was just wondering about chances. i know there's no answer, i should just wait it's just hard to accept i guess! thanks though..

ReputationRep:
    Heey!!

Edinburgh just emailed me to say that I have a conditional offer!!! YAY!

I love Edinburgh and was seriously considering putting it as my firm a few months ago!! And to get an offer so early, in relation to the usual March offers, is terrific!!

So I've got loads of thinking to do!!! :eek:

I LOVE EDINBURGH! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I've had unconditionals from edinburgh. One for biology and one for biotechnology!!

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I have an offer for Religious Studies & English Lit. Conditional BBB.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for Economics! Good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boysenberry)
    Unconditional for Economics! Good stuff.
    congratulations! may I ask you what grades you have and on which subjects?

ReputationRep:
    LOLOLOL, I just got an conditional for Religious Studies. (BBB)

SO UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andcho)
    congratulations! may I ask you what grades you have and on which subjects?
    I got 5 A1s in Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics and French

Are you going for Economics too?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i applied october the 14th, haven't heard anything yet, applying with swedish grades once again congrats, i hope i will see you there when did you apply btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andcho)
    yeah i applied october the 14th, haven't heard anything yet, applying with swedish grades once again congrats, i hope i will see you there when did you apply btw?
    Oh, and, I did the Highers
    I applied before the October deadline too, on October 10th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bochis)
    I got an email from them today asking for more information. Did anyone else get an email recently or did they acknowledge your application right after you applied?
    I got this!! what did you get at as level if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected Didn't know about the damn language GCSE

ReputationRep:
    I just got an unconditional for MA Psychology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komiyan)
    I just got an unconditional for MA Psychology!
    well done! come here, you know you want to :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTC199)
    well done! come here, you know you want to :p:
    Oh I most certainly do Edinburgh's my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    wayhey, well done!

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm very late in posting this - got an offer for medicine on 23rd december, so happy! Conditional on disclosure check

ReputationRep:
    economics offers???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.