Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTC199)
    we have two on princes street

and another at ocean terminal
    That always confuses me... even though I've lived here for ages!
    As there are also 2 of H&M and Boots. And possibly two dorthory perkins?
    I never know where I am on Princes Street and end up having to use the castle to work out whether I'm closest to the west end or the bridges.

I've never been to Ocean Terminal.

... And yay to all of the people who have offers
    Good luck to the people still waiting! Now the deadline has past they will be properly considering all of the applications.

ReputationRep:
    There are also two Waterstones. Although I think they have different content - the one down near Shandwick Place has technical books that I don't think the one near the St James does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    There are also two Waterstones. Although I think they have different content - the one down near Shandwick Place has technical books that I don't think the one near the St James does.
    And the one on George Street. And the one at Ocean Terminal. And at Cameron Toll

ReputationRep:
    Come on guy's, this is an offer thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will274)
    Come on guy's, this is an offer thread.
    Nah, this is a proper offers thread. Do you have anything exciting to say about offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightfireandsound)
    have AAC at as level in history, english lit and biology and unfortunately am from England so that makes it even more unlikely.... Anyone got any hints as to what my chances of getting an offer are?
    Crap. If you get rejected it'll be for your C grade (if you have been predicted that at A2), not because you're English.

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing for Japanese, but since Vongustedt got an offer from them already, I guess they've started looking at the Japanese applications. So it's hopefully only a matter of days. Arghs, I'm so twitchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komiyan)
    Update! I got an unconditional offer for Psychology!
    you officially rock :eek: congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear Without Honey)
    Yes, well... Bath is cosy! Plus you can walk around between shakeaway (does Edinburgh have a shakeaway?), HMV and... the many other fantastic stores in Bath without getting leg ache :P

And they're building a giant new shopping centre in Bath at the moment!
    ...which is opening as I leave for uni... Damn :p:
    seeing as my response to shakeaway was :confused: i dont think we have one

we are getting primark soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    That always confuses me... even though I've lived here for ages!
    As there are also 2 of H&M and Boots. And possibly two dorthory perkins?
    I never know where I am on Princes Street and end up having to use the castle to work out whether I'm closest to the west end or the bridges.

I've never been to Ocean Terminal.

... And yay to all of the people who have offers
    Good luck to the people still waiting! Now the deadline has past they will be properly considering all of the applications.
    dont even try counting the numbers of boots there are in the centre! or pizza huts for that matter

ReputationRep:
    I always get confused on Princes Street. Every time I go there with the intention of going to a certain shop, I can't remember it's location and I end up walking past it a couple of times before seeing it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was just wondering what people think my chances are of getting into Edinburgh for English/Scottish Literature; Eng Lit and History, with predicted grades AAB + pred. extended project grade A. Also done a bit of work experience but don't know if that helps

Realllllly want to go to Edinburgh so quite nervous about a response. And I haven't even been acknowledged, even though I applied late November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen__roses)
    Hi I was just wondering what people think my chances are of getting into Edinburgh for English/Scottish Literature; Eng Lit and History, with predicted grades AAB + pred. extended project grade A. Also done a bit of work experience but don't know if that helps

Realllllly want to go to Edinburgh so quite nervous about a response. And I haven't even been acknowledged, even though I applied late November.
    Weren't you sent an e-mail about registering with MyEd/EASE? That's pretty much an acknowledgment. If not, that's odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohshoez)
    Weren't you sent an e-mail about registering with MyEd/EASE? That's pretty much an acknowledgment. If not, that's odd.
    Does that count as an acknowledgment? Well in that case, yes. But still, this wait for an answer is so bad

ReputationRep:
    Does that count as an acknowledgment? Well in that case, yes. But still, this wait for an answer is so bad
    Yeah it is. You've got good predicted grades (same as mine and yes that work experiences helps, every bit of your application does) and if your PS stands out you've got a reasonable chance of getting an offer

ReputationRep:
    Also done a bit of work experience but don't know if that helps
    Sorry for being nosy(!), but what sort of work experience do you do for EngLit? I'm just asking because it's not such an obviously vocational course.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for being nosy(!), but what sort of work experience do you do for EngLit? I'm just asking because it's not such an obviously vocational course.
    I did some work experience at a school, helping out teachers in English and History lessons etc. Other possible work experience related to Elit..umm. Yeah, I'm lost too. Though that bit of the application doesn't have to be directly related to the course you're taking, surely? Eh.

ReputationRep:
    i worked in a library, the bbc and a publishing firm??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohshoez)
    Though that bit of the application doesn't have to be directly related to the course you're taking, surely?
    I wouldn't imagine so, unless you're a medic (where they seem to be dead keen on it, although I might be wrong). I just meant that where I'd had a placement at an engineering firm and with a research group at Edinburgh, I wasn't sure what you could do with a course such as English; although, that said, there've been a good spread of very valid suggestions so obviously I didn't think hard enough!

(Original post by anaxor13791)
    i worked in a library, the bbc and a publishing firm??
    Ah, I could see the library, but the BBC's a good one - I thought they were very competitive to get a placement with!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I could see the library, but the BBC's a good one - I thought they were very competitive to get a placement with![/QUOTE]

yeah it is, i got it through family..still though some good ideas!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.