The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Unconditional for Business studies and German! Good times!:woo:

Still don't know if I'll go tho, am still waiting on St Andrews getting back to me...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 521
akilpatrick1
Unconditional for Business studies and German! Good times!:woo:

Still don't know if I'll go tho, am still waiting on St Andrews getting back to me...

Congratz for offer!!
I applied for International Business + Language (French). When did you send your application?
claracm11
Congratz for offer!!
I applied for International Business + Language (French). When did you send your application?

I applied to international business and French at Strathclyde but I think I would prefer doing German...

I sent away my application around the end of November, about the 28th or something like that.

Am sure you'll get an offer from Edinburgh pretty soon!
I absolutely hate the myed and eulicid, or whatever it's called thing!!
However, I also have no idea how to work it.
To find out about my application decision... will it show up in the message box thing? Or do I have to click on the 'my UG applications' where it currently says my application is pending?

I suck at computers! :biggrin:
it will tell you on your UCAS account! Don't worry about it i didn't use it at all and now i've got my offer yay!
Unonditional for Social Anthropology. YAY!
WhiteTeeth

Did you get that offer today?
WhiteTeeth

Wooo anthropologists! Well done!
If you want to know anything about the course, just PM me :smile:
moonshine_1991
Did you get that offer today?

no i got it at the start of this week... i was pretty shocked that i got it so early on.:smile: :biggrin:
got an AB offer for maths at the start of jan :smile: edinburgh is my firm firm firm and i want self-catered accom by george square, nottt by kings buildings even if my lectures would be there!
i am excited to the power of a million and desperatelyyy hoping my two friends get offers(german & politics, eng lit & lang) as they really want to go there too!
We still get our answers via UCAS right? Or is it only during the "EASE" webside that we get it??
Maja_Elisabeth
We still get our answers via UCAS right? Or is it only during the "EASE" webside that we get it??

Yes, UCAS Track will tell you your offer.
Maja_Elisabeth
We still get our answers via UCAS right?

You must reply to your offers through UCAS, so they have to make an offer to or reject you via UCAS.
Reply 533
Anyone more than a little fed up of waiting for a UCAS reply from Edinburgh? I got the rest of my offers ages ago, and I wish I could move on to make a firm decision! Grr...
Konnifer
Anyone more than a little fed up of waiting for a UCAS reply from Edinburgh? I got the rest of my offers ages ago, and I wish I could move on to make a firm decision! Grr...

Edinburgh are known for taking a long time to reply - you, and many other applicants, may be waiting until well into March.
Reply 535
yeh tons of my friends are still waiting on conditionals. they handed out some unconditionals though.
Reply 536
artorscience?
Edinburgh are known for taking a long time to reply - you, and many other applicants, may be waiting until well into March.

I know, and understand the sheer number of applications they have to sift through, but I'm still a bit impatient ^_^ Maybe more curious than anything...
Konnifer
I know, and understand the sheer number of applications they have to sift through, but I'm still a bit impatient ^_^ Maybe more curious than anything...

Same here, I have never been to any of the places I applied to and can only visit max. 2 of them before deciding, so I really wanna know if I got into Edinburgh because if I did then Im definately going to check it out.. but need to buy my ticket pretty soon :s-smilie:
Maja_Elisabeth
Same here, I have never been to any of the places I applied to and can only visit max. 2 of them before deciding, so I really wanna know if I got into Edinburgh because if I did then Im definately going to check it out.. but need to buy my ticket pretty soon :s-smilie:

Why can you only visit two? Where else have you applied?
I know you're coming from Sweden, but I would seriously reccomend coming to visit all of the universities you're thinking of taking up the offer for in the UK. Visiting somewhere is the only way you'll know for sure whether the place is for you or not - I loved UCL on paper, then went to my interview and hated it. The same with Lancaster. You can't tell until you go there.

Flights to the Uk from sweden are fairly cheap with ryan air and other low cost airlines.
oxymoronic
Why can you only visit two? Where else have you applied?
I know you're coming from Sweden, but I would seriously reccomend coming to visit all of the universities you're thinking of taking up the offer for in the UK. Visiting somewhere is the only way you'll know for sure whether the place is for you or not - I loved UCL on paper, then went to my interview and hated it. The same with Lancaster. You can't tell until you go there.

Flights to the Uk from sweden are fairly cheap with ryan air and other low cost airlines.

Yea its not really the price thats the issue, more the time. Im in the IB program so taking more than a few days of school is not really an option. Ive applied to Edinbrugh, Liverpool, Manchester, Exeter and Cardiff... so they're all pretty spead out, which makes it so much harder to stop by all cities.

Latest

Trending

Trending