Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    International Business, I believe this course is one of the most popular at the University of Edinburgh. Does anybody know the percentage of successful applicants? And has anyone already received an offer?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an offer (for architecture) yet?

ReputationRep:
    103 out of 441 applicants were offered a place on that course last year.

ReputationRep:
    And do they prefer Scottish applicants or is it just a kinda rumor? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterflyaway)
    International Business, I believe this course is one of the most popular at the University of Edinburgh. Does anybody know the percentage of successful applicants?
    I haven't come across Edinburgh admissions statistics by course, but their 2008 admissions stats page suggests a roughly 20% success rate for the 'Business Studies programme group'.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the web address of the stats by course:

http://www.sra.ed.ac.uk/admissions/S...gramme2007.htm

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any signs that you're going to be rejected/given an offer? I know this is really silly, but maybe they do something like give out offers and rejections in seperate clumps? Or anythign along the lines of? I reeeally want an offer, and I hate the waiting (Although waiting is definitely far better than a rejection!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afua12)
    Does anyone know of any signs that you're going to be rejected/given an offer? I know this is really silly, but maybe they do something like give out offers and rejections in seperate clumps? Or anythign along the lines of? I reeeally want an offer, and I hate the waiting (Although waiting is definitely far better than a rejection!)
    There are no certain signs for that. You can only be certain that they most likely still are considering your application as you haven't gotten a reply. People always come up with theories about these things, but I don't really see the point. Just wait, like everyone else has to. At least you're not alone with it. Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    103 out of 441 applicants were offered a place on that course last year.
    Wow, that's really cool. I expected sth like 50 out of 1000. And do you know when they started giving out offers last year?

ReputationRep:
    sorry but does anyone know the chances of getting in to do a place for philosophy and theology?

ReputationRep:
    They're known for their late offers. Just wondered if anybody had heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! The majority of people won't have offers, they usually come out around Feb/March! I only know one other person at my school with an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got an offer like 2 months ago, but it's for compsci, I know they're a bit slow with some courses.

ReputationRep:
    no i don't and i want one now!

ReputationRep:
    My friend didn't get her offer until two weeks before we had to finalise our choices. It's silly!

ReputationRep:
    I think there's been a few for sciences, but arts generally take a while longer.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of my friends have unconditionals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lia_s)
    sorry but does anyone know the chances of getting in to do a place for philosophy and theology?
    Using the link moonshine_1991 posted earlier on this page, the odds are about 85%. (Philosophy and Theology is listed under the Divinity grouping.)

ReputationRep:
    I know people with offers for computer science and one person for maths.
    But I also know loads more people (including myself) who are still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lia_s)
    neither of the tables have philosophy and theology figures but judging from the figures for philosophy and another subject, 1 in 2 maybe?

EDIT: i have found it (is under divinity) the ratio is approximately 1 offer in about 1.5 application

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.