Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who has an offer for Geography, but apparently the arts take much longer? At least I'm hoping so :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    there's a user here who has an offer for English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTC199)
    EDIT: i have found it (is under divinity) the ratio is approximately 1 offer in about 1.5 application
    Hm? Here gives 85% - or 1 in 1.2, roughly (136 applications, 115 offers).

ReputationRep:
    They offered me a place the night before the deadline, which was nice, and my friend got hers for History and Politics around the same time I think. We're both international students though so perhaps that made some sort of impact on the decision-making process.

ReputationRep:
    85% woahh thats really good, i thought it would be like 20%.

ReputationRep:
    I've had two offers from edinburgh one for civil engineering and the other for mechanical engineering these are deferred places though

ReputationRep:
    My friend got rejected for Economics the other day, if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Molecular biology, but I think that doesn't affect you because I am n=an international student.

ReputationRep:
    I'e heard nothing lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Hm? Here gives 85% - or 1 in 1.2, roughly (136 applications, 115 offers).
    i did it from memory because i stupidly closed the window :no: so it was bound to be slightly off! better i gave a worse stat than a better one, means i didnt get her hopes too much

ReputationRep:
    I've had two of my friends get rejected in the space of one week (last week)!

ReputationRep:
    you can click on 'my applications.' =]

ReputationRep:
    Lots of science offers at my school, one for modern languages, one for psychology (arts dept.). Nobody I know has been rejected as of yet.

Furiously checking Track like there's no tomorrow... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    one english lang and one chemistry at my school and my other friend has a maths, they all got theirs ages ago

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting...

ReputationRep:
    I got one for Philosophy and Politics like 2 months back

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've applied for Japanese entry '09 and having sent my application in October, I have had replies from all of my universities except Edinburgh. I received an e-mail with a login to their website thing, which to begin with I never used but I am starting to use it more as I grow more impatient... What takes them so long?? Does anyone have offers from them yet? Also, is it true that they 'favour' scotts in their applications process? :eyeball: I heard that one from my head of year herself and I still find it odd that they would really do that, so I'm double checking here ^^
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They don't favour Scots, infact, they get more money from you than them. They can make you wait until May if they like, so sit tight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    They don't favour Scots, infact, they get more money from you than them. They can make you wait until May if they like, so sit tight
    They get the same amount of money from Scots and English students. It's just that the Scottish students get the fees payed for them by SAAS (Student Awards Agency for Scotland).

To the OP: whether or not they favour Scottish applicants has been discussed here many times, and the answer is no. And before the deadline for them giving you an offer/rejection is met, you just have to wait patiently. Edinburgh gets a lot of applications from equally good candidates so it takes some time to decide on offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabethbridge)
    They get the same amount of money from Scots and English students. It's just that the Scottish students get the fees payed for them by SAAS (Student Awards Agency for Scotland).
    Exactly, more money from you as an individual because it's free in the eyes of a Scottish student, even though they get paid for. Generally, if you're paying for something then you'll use it more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.