Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Has my fees details come up too? If so, you have an offer.
    Nope it's just blank...argh! I've got my hopes up, but I bet it's just an error or else a rejections heading my way or something....:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen__roses)
    Nope it's just blank...argh! I've got my hopes up, but I bet it's just an error or else a rejections heading my way or something....:confused:
    I'm not sure but I think that someone on TSR got rejected shortly after that happened. It could just be a glitch though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but I think that someone on TSR got rejected shortly after that happened. It could just be a glitch though.
    Oh great! So annoying; I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if I'm rejected or not. I /realllllly/ wanted to go to Edinburgh too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen__roses)
    Oh great! So annoying; I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if I'm rejected or not. I /realllllly/ wanted to go to Edinburgh too
    It only took mine about 3 hours to change from blank to an offer so you will probably find out tonight. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else's enthusiasm for getting A's evaporated since getting a BBB offer for Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NolaGirl)
    I'm from the States, and I'm an English Literature major
    Major? Why do Americans insist on applying their own terminology for everything?

This isn't the I-took-a-couple-of-classes-so-I-know-the-subject thing we have back home. You will actually be studying the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScholarsInk)
    Major? Why do Americans insist on applying their own terminology for everything?

This isn't the I-took-a-couple-of-classes-so-I-know-the-subject thing we have back home. You will actually be studying the subject.
    I'm not really sure why my application of a term we have in our country implies a blase attitude toward my subject of interest. I've taken quite a bit more than "a couple of classes" in English lit., I don't pretend to "know the subject" in its entirety, and I'm fully aware I will be "studying the subject"."Major" doesn't mean we think we're experts on a subject, it's just another word for area of concentration.

ReputationRep:
    no edinburgh for me just got rejected

ReputationRep:
    Oh also I think I should make something clear:

I think in Scotland it's redundant to say something like "major", or "concentration", or something, b/c you're really only taking classes in what your interest is. It works differently in the States. Almost all universities have core requirements, so that, even though I hate math and science, I have had to take 3 science classes and a math class. Everyone at my school takes such a broad field of subjects that to say "What are you studying?" would be vague and elicit a response of all the classes someone is taking (we usually take at least 5 a semester because they're worth fewer credits each than Edinburgh's classes). That's why we ask people what their majors are instead of just generally asking what they're studying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NolaGirl)
    Oh also I think I should make something clear:

I think in Scotland it's redundant to say something like "major", or "concentration", or something, b/c you're really only taking classes in what your interest is. It works differently in the States. Almost all universities have core requirements, so that, even though I hate math and science, I have had to take 3 science classes and a math class. Everyone at my school takes such a broad field of subjects that to say "What are you studying?" would be vague and elicit a response of all the classes someone is taking (we usually take at least 5 a semester because they're worth fewer credits each than Edinburgh's classes). That's why we ask people what their majors are instead of just generally asking what they're studying
    I know and I, as a fellow American Fresher, was teasing you. My point was just that this is more in-depth than our 'majors' and 'minors'. There was nothing personal at all - fear not.

ReputationRep:
    eee from this and the other thread it looks as though replies are starting to come through now!

I don't think I can wait until April/ May... I really want to go to Edinburgh, and it's so stressfull waiting for a reply!

ReputationRep:
    still nothing......... (getting anxious)

ReputationRep:
    Has my fees details come up too? If so, you have an offer.
    Does everyone already have My Tutition Fee Status link on MyEd? Cs i have one but my application still says "Your Application is Pending Our Decision." is this a completley diff link to what people get when they get offers?

Clutching at straws here haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Closer*)
    Does everyone already have My Tutition Fee Status link on MyEd? Cs i have one but my application still says "Your Application is Pending Our Decision." is this a completley diff link to what people get when they get offers?

Yeah they do. They seem to be giving out a lot of offers now so I don't think you will have to wait much longer.

ReputationRep:

same here now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digsy333)
    same here now!
    My tuition status has always been there. You know you have an offer when the application status goes blank and "my fees details" comes up in the fees and funding section.

ReputationRep:

This one appears if you've got an offer (as moonshine said).

ReputationRep:
    And whats with this 'agent' thing

ReputationRep:
    And whats with this 'agent' thing
    I wondered if that was related to the new UCAS thing this year - you could nominate someone to act on your behalf w.r.t. replying to offers and so on.

Catering for helicopter parents or people on gap years, you decide...

ReputationRep:
    I want an offerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr!! Going a bit crazy now...!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.