Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjc_us)
    Does anyone know where I can find an alternative prospectus for Edinburgh?
    I'm a bit out of touch, so I no longer really remember what one is, but this may be the sort of thing you're looking for:

http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
    I'm a bit out of touch, so I no longer really remember what one is, but this may be the sort of thing you're looking for:

http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/reviewer
    Its one written by students, they send out emails each year around this sort of time saying review your courses for the alternative prospectus. I don't think many subjects have an entry though. I think you get a copy in freshers week but I never read mine.

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not the only one! Where else have you applied?
    Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield, and I've got offers from all of them. But Edinburgh is the only one I actually really want to go to - lol trust them to be the slowest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afua12)
    Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield, and I've got offers from all of them. But Edinburgh is the only one I actually really want to go to - lol trust them to be the slowest!
    I feel your pain. I got offers from all my other places (for languages) aages ago, but I'm still waiting for Edinburgh which is the only one I ACTUALLY want to go to. I'm getting quite cross about it though! WHY do they need my application for three months longer than everyone else?! Gahh, it's just the waiting that drives you slightly insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange_monsoon)
    I feel your pain. I got offers from all my other places (for languages) aages ago, but I'm still waiting for Edinburgh which is the only one I ACTUALLY want to go to. I'm getting quite cross about it though! WHY do they need my application for three months longer than everyone else?! Gahh, it's just the waiting that drives you slightly insane
    haha completely! I would be starting to really hate them if it weren't for the fact that I love their course!
    Which languages are you applying for?

ReputationRep:

OMG A GIRL IN MY YEAR HAS GOT AN OFFER! I am SO SO SO jealous! I SO want an offer from there and she doesn't even want to go there.

(She's for Spanish and English Lit. btw...)

ReputationRep:
    i see i'm not the only one still waiting for languages (German & Spanish)
    and edinburgh is also the only uni i REALLY i mean REALLY want to go to.

is there any deadline for universities as far as replying goes? just curious...

ReputationRep:
    OMG A GIRL IN MY YEAR HAS GOT AN OFFER! I am SO SO SO jealous! I SO want an offer from there and she doesn't even want to go there.

(She's for Spanish and English Lit. btw...)
    ooh, it bugs me really quite a lot when that happens...

ReputationRep:
    ^ Dogsy333
    Reapplyng? I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean for next year? If so, then it would be just exactly the same but for Jan 15th '10

ReputationRep:
    ^ Dogsy333
    Reapplyng? I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean for next year? If so, then it would be just exactly the same but for Jan 15th '10
    I think she means the last date for Universities to reply.

(Original post by Digsy333)
    i see i'm not the only one still waiting for languages (German & Spanish)
    and edinburgh is also the only uni i REALLY i mean REALLY want to go to.

is there any deadline for universities as far as replying goes? just curious...
    The last recommended date for Universities to reply is 31st of March. They can still reply later but if you haven't received a reply by 5th of May then the application automatically counts as a rejection.

Check here: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelien)
    I think she means the last date for Universities to reply.
    whoops, misread it!

ReputationRep:
    Haha thank you for my rep Closer*! Glad you approve of my signature.

ReputationRep:
    thanks Nelien!
    there's still a lot of time then, eh

ReputationRep:
    haha completely! I would be starting to really hate them if it weren't for the fact that I love their course!
    Which languages are you applying for?
    Exactly right!! I've already got a kind of love/hate relationship going on. They are so slow though!!
    I'm applying for Italian and Linguistics. I found someone on TSR who was applying for the same thing (amazingly, it's an incredibly little course - only 9 applicants last year!!), and he got an offer last week. But then again he is scottish, and I thiink he's already got his highers, so it might be a little while yet for me

Shall we go beat them up or something?!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for Physical Geography with Geology??
    Ah still can't decide where i really want to go hopefully the open days will give me an idea!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed they keep pushing back the day you can apply for accomodation? It was 1st Feb, then 16th Feb, and now it's 18th Feb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Has anyone noticed they keep pushing back the day you can apply for accomodation? It was 1st Feb, then 16th Feb, and now it's 18th Feb.
    It happened a couple of years ago too when I was applying. It probably happens every year because the uni admin is always useless in every possible way. But don't worry, the application should become available soon, and you've got plenty of time to apply because it's not first come first served based anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabethbridge)
    It happened a couple of years ago too when I was applying. It probably happens every year because the uni admin is always useless in every possible way. But don't worry, the application should become available soon, and you've got plenty of time to apply because it's not first come first served based anyway.
    Oh, I know. I just like to do these things and get them out of the way. I love ticking off the things that are on my "to do before uni starts" list.

ReputationRep:
    oh my GOD will they hurry up with my rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange_monsoon)
    Exactly right!! I've already got a kind of love/hate relationship going on. They are so slow though!!
    I'm applying for Italian and Linguistics. I found someone on TSR who was applying for the same thing (amazingly, it's an incredibly little course - only 9 applicants last year!!), and he got an offer last week. But then again he is scottish, and I thiink he's already got his highers, so it might be a little while yet for me

Shall we go beat them up or something?!

Sounds like a plan! I am still waiting for a reply from edinburgh for single honours german, and the wait is driving me insane!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.