Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If myed updates, does anyone know if you get an email instantly?

ReputationRep:
    Do you recon if they gave you an offer it would be on myed and not ucas? or would they do both? x

ReputationRep:
    It would go on your ucas for sure, as thats the main university entrance thing. They aren't allowed to not put it on ucas.

ReputationRep:
    They'd put it on both. I got an e-mail saying my Euclid (we had Euclid, not MyEd, last year) had updated so you'll probably get one as well as the Track status update e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    Course: History and Politics
    Subjects: Danish A1 HL 7, Eng A2 HL 7, European History HL 7, Geography SL 7, Math Studies 7, E. Systems 6, EE+TOK 3.
    Predicted Grades: 44/45 (IB)

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off like 11 or 12 days ago, and I still haven't received my Euclid thing? Last year it was sent on the same day as my application went through but not this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    I sent my UCAS off like 11 or 12 days ago, and I still haven't received my Euclid thing? Last year it was sent on the same day as my application went through but not this year.
    Just be patient, it'll come eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Just be patient, it'll come eventually.
    Meh, it's just because last year it was literally instant that I'm worried, really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Meh, it's just because last year it was literally instant that I'm worried, really!
    I didn't get mine for about 3 weeks after i sent my App. Dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    Okay then, thanks! Not that I will ever use MyEd (is that what it's called this year?) anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    Yeah, same.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I've just got an offer from Edinburgh!!!:O I'm over the moon now!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Congrats to the guys who just got offers . When did you sent off your apps may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Congrats to the guys who just got offers . When did you sent off your apps may I ask?
    Thanks! I sent my apps just 1 day before you

ReputationRep:
    is it true that edinburgh send out offers REALLY late - like march/april time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragoness246)
    is it true that edinburgh send out offers REALLY late - like march/april time?
    It depends what you have applied for- in my experience (from the 05-06 cycle) and then from reading here for the last two years, the sciences offers tend to come earlier than the arts offers. Sciences seem to reply before the Jan deadline to some applicants, whereas in general, the Humanties and Arts wait until after the Jan deadline then consider all of the applications together. Then the offers seem to come through late Feb through to April, depending on the subjects. Law seems to be around this time too, whereas Medicine seems to be more of an April or May offer time.

Obviously this is just a huge generalisation and can change from case to case, but it is a trend I've seen over the last 3 years or so. They also seem to reply to the unconditional people quicker- ie the Scots with good Highers or Post A level applicants. I suppose with conditional offers its harder as you have to envisage what if every single person i give an offer to accepts it, then meets it, whereas with UC if they accept they are in so its less of a numbers game. It also seems that they have a big rejection thing around December, where a lot of humanties rejections seem to come in. If they don't respond to your application for ages, you're in with a chance of an offer. And when the offer comes, its a good day! Well, I was so pleased- Edinburgh had been my favourite way before even applying to university, and it was my last offer to come in, if I hadn't got one then I don't really know what I'd have done! But yeah, hang in there, they'll get to you, you just have to wait awhile!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here applying for English Literature here?

I ve applied for English Literature and Philosophy, really really really want an offer!!! But its a 1/5 chance and i I go to a private school in the South of England..... inevitable rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince-Myshkin)
    Anyone here applying for English Literature here?

I ve applied for English Literature and Philosophy, really really really want an offer!!! But its a 1/5 chance and i I go to a private school in the South of England..... inevitable rejection?
    Yes definitley. We hate the English and Private school kids up here, and you tick both of those boxes. To be honest, I doubt they'll read your application at all as soon as they see your location and school type. Edinburgh are such a fickle university in that respect.

Not everything you read online is true you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    Yes definitley. We hate the English and Private school kids up here, and you tick both of those boxes. To be honest, I doubt they'll read your application at all as soon as they see your location and school type. Edinburgh are such a fickle university in that respect.

Not everything you read online is true you know.
    Right...

ReputationRep:
    Well what response did you expect? No one gives a whatever if you're from England or from a private school, ok? If they got rid of anyone who fitted into that category Edinburgh would be a very empty university considering the majority of people I know are either English or private schoolers. Or both.

If your appliction is crap though, then yeah its an immediate rejection.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.