Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange_monsoon)
    Exactly right!! I've already got a kind of love/hate relationship going on. They are so slow though!!
    I'm applying for Italian and Linguistics. I found someone on TSR who was applying for the same thing (amazingly, it's an incredibly little course - only 9 applicants last year!!), and he got an offer last week. But then again he is scottish, and I thiink he's already got his highers, so it might be a little while yet for me

Shall we go beat them up or something?!
    yes please!
    but we'll have to do it in disguise so they don't get all moody on us and reject us for such a silly thing as a bit of a beating... :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahhh22)
    Sounds like a plan! I am still waiting for a reply from edinburgh for single honours german, and the wait is driving me insane!
    ooh I've applied for the same!
    I've only got the bare minimum grades though (34 IB points) so I'm expecting a bit fat rejecton My subjects are a bit rubbish too, which doesn't help.
    Is Edinburgh your first choice? It is mine - I love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afua12)
    ooh I've applied for the same!
    I've only got the bare minimum grades though (34 IB points) so I'm expecting a bit fat rejecton My subjects are a bit rubbish too, which doesn't help.
    Is Edinburgh your first choice? It is mine - I love it!
    Yepp, if I got in, it definately would be my first choice- I love it too!
    Ah well, all we can do is wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange_monsoon)
    Exactly right!! I've already got a kind of love/hate relationship going on. They are so slow though!!
    I'm applying for Italian and Linguistics. I found someone on TSR who was applying for the same thing (amazingly, it's an incredibly little course - only 9 applicants last year!!), and he got an offer last week. But then again he is scottish, and I thiink he's already got his highers, so it might be a little while yet for me

Shall we go beat them up or something?!
    i know someone who is on that course, she is in 3rd year just now and is doing her erasmus year in siena, i am so so so jealous of her getting to spend a year in siena!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTC199)
    i know someone who is on that course, she is in 3rd year just now and is doing her erasmus year in siena, i am so so so jealous of her getting to spend a year in siena!!!
    Oh my god I want to go there even more if I can have my year abroad in Sienna!!

For Gods sake Edinburgh hurry up!!! :P

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer a few hours ago!!! (for medicine) all they want is a criminal records check!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoSuis)
    Just got an offer a few hours ago!!! (for medicine) all they want is a criminal records check!!!!!
    So you're screwed!? :confused:

:cool: Hehe, just joking. A huge congratulations to you!! Wow, Edinburgh Medicine, not bad, huh? :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaxor13791)
    oh my GOD will they hurry up with my rejection.
    im in the same boat, except i have applied for two courses at edinburgh and two for strathclyde and 1 for manchester. the only one i have got an offer for, and have even heard from is manchester but my heart is set on scotland. i wish both the unis hurry up because i need to go over and look at them because i live in northern ireland. does anyone know when accomodation deadlines are? im freaking out!....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspeers)
    im in the same boat, except i have applied for two courses at edinburgh and two for strathclyde and 1 for manchester. the only one i have got an offer for, and have even heard from is manchester but my heart is set on scotland. i wish both the unis hurry up because i need to go over and look at them because i live in northern ireland. does anyone know when accomodation deadlines are? im freaking out!....
    apparently even if you get an offer very late you will still have a choice in accommodation, they don't tell you too late for that. i reallllly want edinburgh but i have a feeling it's not going to happen. ah well. what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspeers)
    look on the accom thread or a few pages back on this one:
    the deadline for applying for accommodation is just before results day in the summer so you will certainly have recieved a decision by then!
    accommodation isn't given out until you have an unconditional place, meaning if you've got a conditional offer you won't get allocated a room until the end of august or start of september so it doesn't matter when you apply as its not first come first served. applications for accommodation aren't even open yet anyway, so even if you had an offer you couldn't do anything.

ReputationRep:
    congrats! are you going to take up the offer or are you off somewhere else?

ReputationRep:
    my best mate just got a rejection for english hoping our other friend gets an offer for german & politics

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for Theology! Sweeeet.

Am gonna visit in a couple of weeks. Will update on my thoughts on the city, facilities, people, and most important... pubs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjames06)
    congrats! are you going to take up the offer or are you off somewhere else?
    I might do, I'm not sure...Too many choices Arrrgh :confused:

i'll go to the post offer day and see what it's like then make my mind up =]

What about you, where's your first choice??

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any offers for Geography MA??

ReputationRep:
    I might do, I'm not sure...Too many choices Arrrgh :confused:

i'll go to the post offer day and see what it's like then make my mind up =]

What about you, where's your first choice??
    First choice is Edinburgh. Aberdeen keeps coming up though. Will probably end up in edinburgh :p: Can't wait till september!

ReputationRep:
    Any news on the History and Politics front?

Starting to worry now...

:-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotty2308)
    Has anyone had any offers for Geography MA??

No, I'm still waiting and I know a few others who are too...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda17)
    No, I'm still waiting and I know a few others who are too...:confused:
    i know people with rejections so maybe it's only good that you're waiting!

ReputationRep:
    YES!YES!YES!
    I CANNOT PHYSICALLY STOP BOUNCING!
    Unconditional for International Relations at Edinburgh
    (+ unconditional for Middle Eastern Studies too!)
    AH! Am so happy - have been screamign at my computer for weeks to hurry up and put me out of my misery!
    Any one else for this course? Hello to you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.