Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc200)
    I just got a conditional for Physical Education!! Cant stop Cheeseing
    (Original post by Mari305)
    (basically) unconditional for medicine! yippee!!
    Congrats both of you! Seems Edinburgh sent a whole batch of replies these days! I wish I was back on that feeling when you see the offer on UCAS and have to read it again and again just to make sure it's for real .

Mari, may I ask what the "basically" is? I got "basically" unconditional too since the condition is an IELTS/TOEFL english test grade and as long as I don't run out of money (costs £125 each) I can always retake the test :P. Should nail on the first time though, which is tomorrow... Gah.. I hope I nail it on the first time at least :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelien)
    Mari, may I ask what the "basically" is?
    For medicine, it'll be a Disclosure Scotland check (criminal records and whatnot).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScholarsInk)
    I'm going to begin it in autumn.
    Why Edinburgh philosophy?

ReputationRep:
    congrats to all of you who got offers! LUCKY :P

when did you apply btw?
    i'm so sick of waiting but i applied just a week before the deadline so maybe that's why it takes so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digsy333)
    congrats to all of you who got offers! LUCKY :P

when did you apply btw?
    i'm so sick of waiting but i applied just a week before the deadline so maybe that's why it takes so long
    I don't think that's it. I applied over 4 months ago and I'm still waiting for their decision.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for IR at edinburgh and I was just wondering how good the course/department is? like is it well respected, will I have good career prospects?

ReputationRep:
    Once again, congrats to those with offers!

I'm only waiting on Edinburgh, and I've got a feeling they're going to be rejecting me.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone who got offers!

It's exciting, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    SeaShadows you're going to accept I take it? I just accepted my unconditional for IR at edinburgh. Got AAAAB in my highers if you're still interested.

ReputationRep:
    i applied in early october and haven't heard - it's driving me round the bendddd

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for maths and physics!
    yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaxor13791)
    i applied in early october and haven't heard - it's driving me round the bendddd
    yeah same here. The job description for Edinburgh admissions tutor probably says "must be sadistic"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green_glitter)
    yeah same here. The job description for Edinburgh admissions tutor probably says "must be sadistic"
    it's the one i want as well

ReputationRep:
    *4 months since application*

I'm not worried as such, I'm just utterly utterly fed up. I'm angry that Edinburgh feels it needs to take 3 months longer than all the other places I applied to, and I'm tired with the whole process! I'm reapplying if I don't get in, so they could at least let me know!! It feels like I'm never going to hear anything.

Sorry about the rant, I'm sure everyone understands the trauma of waiting for this sodding news!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange_monsoon)

I'm not worried as such, I'm just utterly utterly fed up. I'm angry that Edinburgh feels it needs to take 3 months longer than all the other places I applied to, and I'm tired with the whole process! I'm reapplying if I don't get in, so they could at least let me know!! It feels like I'm never going to hear anything.

Sorry about the rant, I'm sure everyone understands the trauma of waiting for this sodding news!!
    I felt like that, and it was such a relief when I got an offer a few days ago.

Maybe you'll get one too, and you'll feel an exaggerated sense of happiness because of the overly long wait.

That sounds like I'm bragging but I'm not. I'm trying to make you feel better. Haha what a ***** attempt.

Sorry.

What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange_monsoon)

Exactly my situation - over 5 months since the application sent and received AND i'm reapplying if i don't get it
    CRUELTY I TELL THEE.

ReputationRep:
    ExDeusVenitBritannia - I'm hoping and hoping!! I've kind of let myself think about that only sparingly - whenever I log on Ucas Track I think about how unbelievably happy an offer would make me, then I stop myself thinking that because it might be a rejection, but then... nothing. :P (Italian and linguistics btw )

anaxor13791 - CRUELTY!!! Blimming horrible!! I could direct so many swear words at Edinburgh right now!

Ahh well... it'll all feel better in the morning

ReputationRep:
    I applied around the tenth of January and got an unconditional offer within a week :P ...almost feel guilty about it with all the people here waiting months :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-OD)
    has anyone else heard back for phil from Edinburgh... they take ages...
    as in had an offer back you mean?i got mine about 3 weeks before christmas if i remember rightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwapper)
    Offer
    Congratulations! Will it be your first choice?

I'm intrigued by the number of Informatics (the G500 5 year MInf) applicants on TSR (all of them successful, too) given that the application statistics suggest that the numbers involved were around a dozen or fewer in previous years.

(Although that's based on the 07/08 cycle stats, since they don't seem to have them broken down by degree for 08/09.)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.