Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've already accepted it And it was the MInf... (of course)

At the Edinburgh open day they said that the MInf was actually becoming their most popular computing course - but no statistics for that :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtis)
    as in had an offer back you mean?i got mine about 3 weeks before christmas if i remember rightly.
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    Accepted!
    1. Economics
    2. Economics & Politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ycang)
    Accepted!
    1. Economics
    2. Economics & Politics
    When did you get your offer? I'm waiting on a reply for Economics, maybe they've started giving offers out for economics then??????

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard for russian studies and politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwapper)
    I've already accepted it And it was the MInf... (of course)

At the Edinburgh open day they said that the MInf was actually becoming their most popular computing course - but no statistics for that :P
    Oooh, maybe I'll see you next year! (I'm doing mathematical physics.)

Just curious, what exactly is the MInf degree? Everyone seems to be doing it,, but I've not a clue what it is, other than that it involves maths somehow. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange_monsoon)
    ExDeusVenitBritannia - I'm hoping and hoping!! I've kind of let myself think about that only sparingly - whenever I log on Ucas Track I think about how unbelievably happy an offer would make me, then I stop myself thinking that because it might be a rejection, but then... nothing. :P (Italian and linguistics btw )

anaxor13791 - CRUELTY!!! Blimming horrible!! I could direct so many swear words at Edinburgh right now!

Ahh well... it'll all feel better in the morning
    What do you make of Edinburgh for languages? Is it your first choice? If it is I'm hoping you get an offer!

I wanna change mine to include philosophy, but I don't want to email them in case they revoke it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Oooh, maybe I'll see you next year! (I'm doing mathematical physics.)

Just curious, what exactly is the MInf degree? Everyone seems to be doing it,, but I've not a clue what it is, other than that it involves maths somehow. :P
    Well, actually, the MInf degree is the "Master of Informatics" degree and doesn't really involve any more math than any other Informatics/Computer Science degree. It's basically the full 5 year Master degree in Informatics (some might call it Computer Science but Informatics is considered a bit broader). There are four 20 credit mathematics courses called Mathematics for Informatics 1-4 taken during year 1 and 2 so I'm not sure how much exchange there will be between Informatics and Mathematics courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExDeusVenitBritannia)
    What do you make of Edinburgh for languages? Is it your first choice? If it is I'm hoping you get an offer!

I wanna change mine to include philosophy, but I don't want to email them in case they revoke it
    they cant take your offer away! the can say "yes", "no" or "yes but were changing the conditions" if you email them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTC199)
    they cant take your offer away! the can say "yes", "no" or "yes but were changing the conditions" if you email them
    They can if I haven't accepted it yet, and I haven't cos I wanna change it.
    Do you think I should just email HSS admissions and ask?

ReputationRep:
    i sent my application in october and i've still not heard anything
    i wasn't that bothered a few weeks ago, because my friends applying to edinburgh still hadn't heard either, but all of them have heard in the last 2 weeks
    i'm sick of waiting

ReputationRep:
    I would phone and ask if it is possible, and if it is not (due to numbers) then i would not pursue it any further. You should be able to do philosophy as one of your extra subjects in first and second year and you director of studies might be able to sort it out for you in freshers week.

I havent experienced timetabling and DoS'es though because we dont get extra subjects in medicine

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they can take back your offer even if you haven't accepted it. If you have an offer on UCAS it won't be taken back unless you take it back yourself. Just email the school and ask them if you can change it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah looks like everyone is in the same boat with Edinburgh tbh...they like to take their time haha.

I've applied for Economics and Management (Anyone else for E&M?) ...sent my form off in September..

If i get in, i'm 110% putting it as my firm, the city (though i've never been) looks increeeedible!

I was looking through some back logs from TSR, people in the same position last year...offers came flooding out late feb, so not too long hopefullyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyder)
    When did you get your offer? I'm waiting on a reply for Economics, maybe they've started giving offers out for economics then??????
    Yes they have started and I got my acceptances on 20 Feb (2 days ago!) so yours should be coming soon as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah0205)
    I was looking through some back logs from TSR, people in the same position last year...offers came flooding out late feb, so not too long hopefullyyyyy
    oh let's hope so!!

otherwise we'll all go crazy

ReputationRep:
    it is indeed! can't wait to just go now! anyone else going to be doing I.R?

ReputationRep:
    I just accepted mine last night too! Can't wait now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ycang)
    Yes they have started and I got my acceptances on 20 Feb (2 days ago!) so yours should be coming soon as well
    i havnt heard yet, my predictions are abb and applied straight economic do u think i'll be hearing good news?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyder)
    i havnt heard yet, my predictions are abb and applied straight economic do u think i'll be hearing good news?????????
    Only predicted grades aren't going to give you any idea if you'll be receiving an offer or not, Edinburgh is very keen on looking at the ENTIRE application before giving an offer/rejection. Anything from your PS, reference to your extracurricular merits can turn the tide in their decision, especially when we see around here people with straight A's getting a rejection while offers being handed out to people with lower than minimum grades.

Aside from that we can always cross our fingers for you and hope you get an offer . But in the end it's only the admissions tutors that can answer your question.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.