Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'VE JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM EDINBURGH! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM SO ******* CHUFFED RIGHT NOW!

I honestly thought they were going to reject me! So I'm actually wetting myself with excitement right now as I was was all set up for failure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjc_us)
    I'VE JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM EDINBURGH! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM SO ******* CHUFFED RIGHT NOW!

I honestly thought they were going to reject me! So I'm actually wetting myself with excitement right now as I was was all set up for failure!
    Congrats! First choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Congrats! First choice?
    :yep:

I'm going to go to the Bristol open day next week just to be absolutely sure I don't like Bristol more, even though I know I like Edinburgh more anyway. It's a good excuse for a day off school. Edinburgh and Bristol are both fantastic places and amazing universities but Edinburgh has so many more advantages...

1. No tuition fees for me which is a MASSIVE help.
    2. The course is more flexible and I can pick up another language in my first year.
    3. It's Edinburgh! Bristol is an amazing city but I just have this big soft spot for Edinburgh, I just love it.
    4. Edinburgh's a lot closer to home, I've been at a boarding school far, far away from home for all my life, and though I don't mind living far away, it will be nice to think "I quite fancy going home this weekend", being able to hop on the train and be home just over 3 hours later, you know?
    5. Edinburgh only want BBB so I can doss for the rest of the year. :p: (only joking, I still want AAA! )

I'm sooooooooo happy I just absolutely had my heart set on Edinburgh and was so expecting rejection!

ReputationRep:

Congrats!! I was about that happy when I noticed my offer. I jumped around waving frantically in the air for no apparent reason, I even surprised myself, wondering where the hell I learned that reaction... :P

ReputationRep:
    Been rejected for philosophy. Application status is blank and theres no extra 'my fee status' thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelien)
    Congrats!! I was about that happy when I noticed my offer. I jumped around waving frantically in the air for no apparent reason, I even surprised myself, wondering where the hell I learned that reaction... :P
    Hahaha. Thank you! Yeah I ran into the common room at school squealing "I'VE GOT AN OFFER FROM EDINBURGH!" at the top of my voice - it took them about 5 minutes to work out what I was trying to say and why I was on the verge of hyperventiliating. :P

Whereabouts are you looking accommodation-wise?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha. Thank you! Yeah I ran into the common room at school squealing "I'VE GOT AN OFFER FROM EDINBURGH!" at the top of my voice - it took them about 5 minutes to work out what I was trying to say and why I was on the verge of hyperventiliating. :P

Whereabouts are you looking accommodation-wise?
    Well, I haven't looked into it too closely yet, I'll be going to Edinburgh in a couple of weeks and check the different locations myself, then I'll decide. So far I'm more inclined on Warrender Road/Crescent and Hermits Croft, they seem nice and I honestly would prefer to live a little bit outside the main Uni area. Either way it seems it's pretty random what place you end up in so I'm not delving too much in to it.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, doing Biology and probably Darrochs court I will be applying to stay but I'm not that arsed if I don't get my first choice accomodation, as long as its cheap.
    Anyone joining me at the Darwin Building's in September?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all Edinburgh offer holders! Anyone still waiting on a reply for straight Law, or any other Law course for that matter? I applied at the start of October, I've received all the rest of my decisions - is it common for Edinburgh to take so long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arturo291)
    Congrats to all Edinburgh offer holders! Anyone still waiting on a reply for straight Law, or any other Law course for that matter? I applied at the start of October, I've received all the rest of my decisions - is it common for Edinburgh to take so long?
    My sister applied last year and was like AAAA student, really good personal statement, references and she got nothing until like march.
    That's why I was so surprised when I got my offer in October!
    But yeah, I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good excuse for a day off school.
    That's the only excuse you need.

And congratulations, it means all your faffing thus far about accommodation hasn't been for absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm it seems as if philosophy offers/rejections are coming out....has anyone got any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artorscience?)
    That's the only excuse you need.

And congratulations, it means all your faffing thus far about accommodation hasn't been for absolutely nothing.
    :yep: And now that Edinburgh's my first choice you can expect a lot more of that.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Edinburgh a few days ago and I am so relived. I will probably go. I got in for social anthropology!!!! Can't wait to go up and see it again. Has anyone else applied for that course????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    I'm doing mathematical physics, which is fairly similarly, I believe.

I've firmed Edinburgh.
    I got the same unconditional offer
    I'm just hesitating where to go as I've gotten all my offers now,
    and i've narrowed it down to Edinburgh, bath and imperial,
    don't know which to choose!

ReputationRep:
    How long till they tell me ive been rejected? Application status went blank and i got no fee status... =(

ReputationRep:
    my aplication status went blank but i got fee status for (the offer we have made you)
    is this an offer
    it hasnt come on ucas
    I AM ******** MYSELF
    AHDSAHODFIOHADFHOIFDOHIADSF
    not literally though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaxor13791)
    my aplication status went blank but i got fee status for (the offer we have made you)
    is this an offer
    it hasnt come on ucas
    I AM ******** MYSELF
    AHDSAHODFIOHADFHOIFDOHIADSF
    not literally though
    That usually is an offer yes, so far we haven't seen the contrary to prove it wrong. Congratulations .

ReputationRep:
    oh i'm just praying it is. it means i don't have to reapply and i LOVE edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Edinburgh go through applications in the order they receive them or is it a different system?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.