The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
anaxor13791
my aplication status went blank but i got fee status for (the offer we have made you)
is this an offer
it hasnt come on ucas
I AM ******** MYSELF
AHDSAHODFIOHADFHOIFDOHIADSF
not literally though

:smile: congrats!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
la_1
I got the same unconditional offer :smile:
I'm just hesitating where to go as I've gotten all my offers now,
and i've narrowed it down to Edinburgh, bath and imperial,
don't know which to choose!

Well, in the end, I turned down Imperial because I like the city of Edinburgh better, and I felt more comfortable at Edinburgh's physics department. It was a hard choice, though!
afua12
Does anyone know if Edinburgh go through applications in the order they receive them or is it a different system?

no, they actually do many of the earliest ones last- it says on their website that if you applied early in the cycle, they may not reply till mid-march. and i applied in early october and only just got a reply (not even sure what that is).
yeah i applied in early october and i still havent heard from them yet.

does anyone know the final date for replies? its killing me having to wait this long D:
candice1039
yeah i applied in early october and i still havent heard from them yet.

does anyone know the final date for replies? its killing me having to wait this long D:

I applied around the same date, 14th of October, and just got an offer for Politics right there.

They've got to the 31st of March but hopefully you'll hear before then.
Bill Shakespeare
They've got to the 31st of March

This is incorrect. UCAS asks universities for all responses to be made by the end of March where possible, but universities are still allowed to be making offers for people who met the application deadline through May. See UCAS FAQ for more information.
artorscience?
This is incorrect. UCAS asks universities for all responses to be made by the end of March were possible, but universities are still allowed to be making offers for people who met the application deadline through May. Not to mention that in some subjects you could be waiting longer than that still. See UCAS FAQ for more information.

Fair enough. Although it would seem pretty incompetent to take over 6 months to make a decision on someone.
Bill Shakespeare
Although it would seem pretty incompetent to take over 6 months to make a decision on someone.

In what way is that incompetent?
nearlyheadlessian
In what way is that incompetent?

I'll get back to you in September.
Reply 949
Bill Shakespeare
I'll get back to you in September.

That's ever so slightly different. You don't have thousands to respond to.
Reply 950
Just wondering because pretty much all of my friends who have applied have now had decisions either way and I've heard nothing! So frustrating!!!
Reply 951
Sweet Mary... I got an offer! I'm shaking, and I've been dancing and screaming like a lunatic since I randomly checked track and saw the offer. WOO! tehe.
Reply 952
just got an offer for History and Spanish :smile:!!!!
BBB with a B in Spanish.
Don't even need a B in History!!!

So pleaseddd!
Reply 953
Rejection for me
kid-chino
Law with History unconditional :biggrin:

I got a conditional for the same course a few weeks ago. Is it your first choice?
offer! BBB including russian! sooo happy
english and russian 2009!
Reply 956
Anyone else still waiting for Edinburgh after hearing from everyone else ages ago? If so tell us when you submitted your app and what course you are doing. If you're as frustrated as me, it will be good to let it out your system :smile:

Submitted early November.
Law LLB
This is a question directed to those of you who have received an answer from Edinburgh.

Where does the offer or rejection appear first? On UCAS or MyEd? Or simultaneously?
Reply 958
They appear on TSR in the wrong forum.
Reply 959
I got mine through on UCAS, only because I checked that more frequently, waiting for more than one uni. But I immediately checked myed and it was there.

Latest

Trending

Trending