University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
thanks for your quick reply :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Rejected.
moonshine_1991
I thought I would give an update on my situation. I phoned the College of Humanities and Social Science earlier and they have given me a couple of people to e-mail with the details of my extenuating circumstances, and have told me to get my guidance teacher to e-mail them too telling them that I have, essentially, been chucked out of school and also forward on a photocopy of my doctors certificate. I still might have a chance of being accepted onto the course. Thanks for the help you guys gave! (artorscience? and oxymoronic)

Cool - was going to actually reply on here and ask you how it went on the phone. Make sure you get the emails etc sorted out asap and include information such as who you spoke to - if you get it all sent off as soon as you can then they will be able to get back to you quicker, and also, it puts you in a good light.
orange_monsoon
Rejected.

aw no, that really sucks especially as you guys have been waiting so long! but i suppose its the end of the wait now which can only be a good thing and i think you've got some other good offers you said, yes? what are your other options now? take care x
oxymoronic
aw no, that really sucks especially as you guys have been waiting so long! but i suppose its the end of the wait now which can only be a good thing and i think you've got some other good offers you said, yes? what are your other options now? take care x

Thanks. So few places do my course, so I didn't really get a choice in where I applied. Edinburgh was really the only place I wanted. I'm taking a gap year anyway, so I reckon I'll reapply. How do I ask for feedback so that my application is better next year?
orange_monsoon
Thanks. So few places do my course, so I didn't really get a choice in where I applied. Edinburgh was really the only place I wanted. I'm taking a gap year anyway, so I reckon I'll reapply. How do I ask for feedback so that my application is better next year?

No idea, sorry. I'd assume you should email the admissions/undergraduate secetary for the school for whatever course you're doing (I can't remember sorry) and say that you'd like some feedback on your application as you would like to reapply next year.

If you're taking a gap year you may as well reapply then yes, then you'll have the grades in the bag and will be able to make your PS better as you've got stuff other than A levels to include too.
oxymoronic
Cool - was going to actually reply on here and ask you how it went on the phone. Make sure you get the emails etc sorted out asap and include information such as who you spoke to - if you get it all sent off as soon as you can then they will be able to get back to you quicker, and also, it puts you in a good light.

It would be cool to wait until tomorrow then? I want to speak to my guidance teacher and check she is alright with sending the e-mail before I do anything. Lets hope they liked my application enough to overlook the failure to meet their conditions.
hi im thinking about doing some of the above subjects (English literature and ancient history/literature), is there anyone who has started them to give any advice on what they are like or how hard they are? thankyou :smile:
artorscience?
Direct entry is something that is available to degree courses in the college of Science and Engineering providing that one attains higher entry qualifications (for example first year entry to maths requires an A in maths at A level/Higher whereas second year entry requires an A in further maths and maths A level/or maths and applied maths Advanced Higher). And the difference is that you literally start in second year and so don't have the extra year of foundation study.

Economics is in the College of Humanities, so you're not in the same position. Take a look at the page on Economics study to see more about how your degree will work.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info.
xxkaylsxx
hi im thinking about doing some of the above subjects, is there anyone who has started them to give any advice on what they are like or how hard they are? thankyou :smile:

Moved to the Uni of Edinburgh subforum. Are you asking what these are like at Edinburgh specifically?
Rejected for IR.
Pants.

Still waiting on 3 other unis... Not looking good, not good at all.
...*sigh*
my last friend who was waiting on edinburgh was rejected last night :frown:
i am officially going on my tod, my one, my jack jonessss. but it's all cool :smile:
watermelon sugar
my last friend who was waiting on edinburgh was rejected last night :frown:
i am officially going on my tod, my one, my jack jonessss. but it's all cool :smile:

Don't worry I'm the same, I don't know anyone that's even considering Edinburgh :frown:
Can't think why though, it looks fantastic!
teabreak
Don't worry I'm the same, I don't know anyone that's even considering Edinburgh :frown:
Can't think why though, it looks fantastic!

oooh wow! are you doing G102?

so many of my friends applied but didn't get in :frown:
watermelon sugar
oooh wow! are you doing G102?

so many of my friends applied but didn't get in :frown:

Yep :smile:
Barely anyone at my school applied to Edinburgh, just basically the medicine applicants (who all got rejected). I think I might feel slightly isolated :frown:
teabreak
Yep :smile:
Barely anyone at my school applied to Edinburgh, just basically the medicine applicants (who all got rejected). I think I might feel slightly isolated :frown:

nahh that's just uni, ennitt?
hello future maths chum :smile:
Reply 1136
Haha, talking about being isolated, I'll be stepping off the plane thousands of miles from home in a strange country knowing nobody. If it's any comfort to you that's a fair bit worse than your situation. :smile:
wilwy
Haha, talking about being isolated, I'll be stepping off the plane thousands of miles from home in a strange country knowing nobody. If it's any comfort to you that's a fair bit worse than your situation. :smile:

Same here! I'm worried about that bit, although I do have some friends who live in Edinburgh currently. At least I'll be away from my family, though....
Anyone going to open day today?
Rian1988
Anyone going to open day today?

I was meant to be going. You just reminded me. I guess it is too late now. ****!

Latest

Trending

Trending