Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for Languages yet? What was your offer and did you have to send off any certificates?

ReputationRep:
    Got an Offer for Chemistry with industrial experience wooop!

BBB - inc chem

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer for medicinal and biological chemistry yesterday! Didn't expect them to reply before the new year. ><

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone had an offer for politics? I got an unconditional offer from Glasgow but that's my second choice. Waiting to hear from Edinburgh is driving me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer on thursday -
    geology F600
    grades required: BBB

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I'm so jealous of everyone with offers. I want to go to Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    Name: nuodai (not my real name but it'll do)
    Course: Informatics
    Offer: ABB inc Maths
    (Quote from another thread)

Congratulations!

When did your offer come? :p: (And does the Euclid system send you an email when it's updated or do I have to keep checking it?)
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    (Quote from another thread)

Congratulations!

When did your offer come? :p: (And does the Euclid system send you an email when it's updated or do I have to keep checking it?)
    My UCAS Track email came through before my MyEd notification email, but it all happened within a few hours so I'm sure there's no need to check Track and MyEd every two seconds (Yes, I was guilty of it too.)

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Offer for Informatics!

Odd thing: UCAS shows no change in my status, but the MyEd system no longer says "Your Application is Pending Our Decision" (as it does for my Pure Maths app) - instead it says nothing at all.

But if I go into 'My fee details', which I think is a new link, it says "This screen displays fee details for programmes for which we have made you an offer. [...] MInf (Hons) Informatics."

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Offer for Informatics!

Odd thing: UCAS shows no change in my status, but the MyEd system no longer says "Your Application is Pending Our Decision" (as it does for my Pure Maths app) - instead it says nothing at all.

But if I go into 'My fee details', which I think is a new link, it says "This screen displays fee details for programmes for which we have made you an offer. [...] MInf (Hons) Informatics."
    Wooo! well done! obviously the admissions people for MInf are pretty quick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTC199)
    Wooo! well done! obviously the admissions people for MInf are pretty quick!
    Thanks!

Does anyone know - do Edinburgh (or, indeed, universities in general) send out offer letters in addition to updating MyEd/Track?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Does anyone know - do Edinburgh (or, indeed, universities in general) send out offer letters in addition to updating MyEd/Track?
    edinburgh didnt for me last year, when you get all your offers/rejections (hoping there wont be any of them) then UCAS send you a letter with the last decision on it so you know they've all come in

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh don't send a letter, you only get one if you put them as your firm and then they write to you telling you what to do next with regards to sending exam certificates and applying for accommodation.

However, other universities I applied to did send me something when they gave me an offer. Lancaster kept on sending me post even after I'd put Edinburgh as my first choice. They even sent me something on results day saying that if I missed my firm and insurance; or if I'd changed my mind; they would love to have me as a student!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I sent my UCAS about a month ago and so far i've only recieved an aknowledgement email from them and a log in username and password for MyEd. Has anyone recieved an offer yet? x:confused:

ReputationRep:
    You won't recieve anything else until after you've accepted them as your firm- should you get an offer, that is. They don't send out anything to applicants during the UCAS process or even once they've given you an offer, its just on UCAS track. In my day we didn't even have myed to play with so nothing was sent once you'd applied either.

Offers will come in Jan-March time next year if architecture is like most other subject here.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even got MyEd yet and mine's been a month too.

ReputationRep:
    About Edinburgh rejecting the English, I think they reject more English for Arts subjects.
    Like I know 20 people that applied (including me) for arts subjects and NOONE got in from my college. And these are people who are now at St. Andrews, Oxford, Bristol etc.
    However one bloke got in for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    About Edinburgh rejecting the English, I think they reject more English for Arts subjects.
    Like I know 20 people that applied (including me) for arts subjects and NOONE got in from my college. And these are people who are now at St. Andrews, Oxford, Bristol etc.
    However one bloke got in for Maths.
    There are more English students here than Scottish, so they are probably going to reject more English applications than they do Scottish on the pure fact that there are more English applications to start with.
    Just because people from your school got into Oxford it doesn't mean that everywhere in the country would have been worshiping their application. I don't mean that in a nasty way, but getting into Oxford or any of the other top 10 UK universities doesn't mean that all of the others are instantly going to want you as well.

And St Andrews is in Scotland... surely they would have a Scottish bias too, if it were true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    There are more English students here than Scottish, so they are probably going to reject more English applications than they do Scottish on the pure fact that there are more English applications to start with.
    Just because people from your school got into Oxford it doesn't mean that everywhere in the country would have been worshiping their application. I don't mean that in a nasty way, but getting into Oxford or any of the other top 10 UK universities doesn't mean that all of the others are instantly going to want you as well.

And St Andrews is in Scotland... surely they would have a Scottish bias too, if it were true?
    I didn't say all Scottish Unis have this bias - I got an offer from Glasgow really quickly. I think St. Andrews is more lenient with offers (to everyone) because Edinburgh is way more popular.

And I know, I was just stating what happened at my college as evidence, although they do appear to only give offers to 20% of people in the arts department, so it may have just been a coincidence. I definitely don't agree that Edinburgh hate private school pupils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Argh, I'm so jealous of everyone with offers. I want to go to Edinburgh.

same I really really really want to go there the only offer I have is from my back up and not even a proper one

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.