Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I added a class of 2009 starters to Schooly website. Defo better than facebook groups.

http://www.schooly.co.uk/school/index/show/id/50725

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    I wouldn't bother sending them one at all - I sent mine off and then they lost it, so were taking photos at the card collection place in freshers week of all of the people who's photos they'd lost, plus all of the people who forgot to send one in. Although this does mean that my uni card has an incredibly hungover photo on it...

Or just do what NHI suggests - that's all mine ended up being in the end!
    Hehe, that sounds very well organised..

It's weird how serious the letter sounds though starting with this in bold letters: "Please red this letter now as it requires urgent action." And they even sent it as a priority letter.. Oh well, I'll just send them a photo I've found here even if it isn't exactly as they want it to be and won't think more about it.

ReputationRep:
    I made my offer!

I am coming to Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    i sent off my card thing today!! kinda annoyed cause i had to spend 1.95 on pritt stick from tesco.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icepuffin)
    i sent off my card thing today!! kinda annoyed cause i had to spend 1.95 on pritt stick from tesco.......
    but you never know when that prit stick is gonna come in useful for making things for fancy dress and such like!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icepuffin)
    I got the tesco value "glue stick" for about 70p and I got 5 of them, bargain.

ReputationRep:
    When are people arriving-- Saturday the 12th or Sunday the 13th? I know it doesn't make that much of a difference, but I had been planning on arriving that Sunday but am now wondering if I perhaps might as well arrive Saturday. For one thing, I'll be living in a SC flat and who knows if my flatmates will all be arriving that Saturday- don't want them to bond without me What kinds of event(s) would there be the first Saturday of Freshers' Week?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know, when are you meant to arrive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NolaGirl)
    When are people arriving-- Saturday the 12th or Sunday the 13th? I know it doesn't make that much of a difference, but I had been planning on arriving that Sunday but am now wondering if I perhaps might as well arrive Saturday. For one thing, I'll be living in a SC flat and who knows if my flatmates will all be arriving that Saturday- don't want them to bond without me What kinds of event(s) would there be the first Saturday of Freshers' Week?
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Don't know, when are you meant to arrive?
    You can arrive on either day and it won't make too much difference. On the Saturday night, your halls/block will probably have organised a pub crawl. Otherwise the union has pre-freshers parties. In my flat 2 out of 4 arrived on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. As one of the ones who arrived on Saturday, the Sunday was really dull as there weren't any events (or maybe I just wasn't hungover enough)... The two of us there on the Saturday did meet the flat that we ended up spending most time hanging around with, so maybe the whole year would have been different if we hadn't been there... Turn up on whichever day is most convenient.

ReputationRep:
    One of my flatmates didn't arrive until Tuesday as she is an idiot and can't tell the date (she is my best friend now so I can say that) and the other 4 of us all arrived on Saturday morning. We were really worried that she was going to feel out of place in the flat as the 4 of us had bonded so much in 4 days and wrote letters to fasten onto her door to welcome her if we were out when she arrived. Three years later it makes no difference to our friendship what so ever that she arrived 4 days later than the rest of us, but I know at the time she felt as though she'd missed out on loads.

I have to say though I was adamant that I was arriving first thing on Saturday as I wanted to be the first in the flat (god knows why) and I was the first by about 2 minutes, and the rest of the day was slightly anticlimatic. I did not need to be there that early and as my flatmates stayed with their parents and I got rid of my mum pretty quickly, I ended up spending the day with some freshers I'd been talking to on TSR

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous that I'm excited about having my student email account activated... I feel like a proper student now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violettes)
    It's ridiculous that I'm excited about having my student email account activated... I feel like a proper student now
    Argh, I'm jealous! I want my student email account to be activated! How long did it take for it to be activated for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Argh, I'm jealous! I want my student email account to be activated! How long did it take for it to be activated for you?
    Mine has been done for ages, can you log into myed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Mine has been done for ages, can you log into myed?
    Well, I've only just met the conditions of my offer (on Monday :p:) so I'm reckoning it will be a while before they give me my email account?

ReputationRep:
    About 3 weeks after I went unconditional (which took bloody ages btw:p: )
    This is not the same as Euclid. You get a new account, with your library number, matriculation no. and whatnot, and you also get to register for computing services.

ReputationRep:
    About 3 weeks after I went unconditional (which took bloody ages btw:p: )
    This is not the same as Euclid. You get a new account, with your library number, matriculation no. and whatnot, and you also get to register for computing services.
    Ahh. Well, I hope they don't take too long for me, as I really need my visa letter soon. :p: I reckon I'll call the international office tomorrow or Friday or something, and figure out when all that is going to happen!

Gosh, this is exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh. Well, I hope they don't take too long for me, as I really need my visa letter soon. :p: I reckon I'll call the international office tomorrow or Friday or something, and figure out when all that is going to happen!

Gosh, this is exciting.
    I know what you mean

And they FedEx-ed (or was it DHL) my visa letter, so that shouldn't take long at all once you're unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean

And they FedEx-ed (or was it DHL) my visa letter, so that shouldn't take long at all once you're unconditional.
    Ah, okay. I reckon I am going to call them tomorrow to check with them, and because I want to figure out how to pay my tuition online now, before the exchange rate gets any worse, and to make applying for my visa easier.

What qualifications did you do, by the way?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, okay. I reckon I am going to call them tomorrow to check with them, and because I want to figure out how to pay my tuition online now, before the exchange rate gets any worse, and to make applying for my visa easier.

What qualifications did you do, by the way?
    The exchange rate... :sadnod:

And paying the fee (or at least part of it) is a good idea. There was an Edinburgh event for offer holders here in Delhi and we were told that quite a few internationals misplace their tuition on their way here.

I did TOEFL iBT and CBSE (an Indian qualification). Don't have the IB or A-level equivalents though.

What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    The exchange rate... :sadnod:

And paying the fee (or at least part of it) is a good idea. There was an Edinburgh event for offer holders here in Delhi and we were told that quite a few internationals misplace their tuition on their way here.

I did TOEFL iBT and CBSE (an Indian qualification). Don't have the IB or A-level equivalents though.

What course are you doing?
    I am doing mathematical physics! What about you?

I am really hoping that the visa letter and stuff don't take too long, as I really do need my visa before the 24th of August....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.