The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

DanNCL
Also anybody applying for Chancellors court about, or even in it? Whats the banter/food like? Just trying to get some sort of light Edinburgh discussion going as i don't know anybody going but really want to leave for uni asap!

Chancellors court is part of Pollock halls, which is here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=55.940896,-3.171304&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=6.881357,14.941406&ie=UTF8&ll=55.940434,-3.170714&spn=0.003972,0.008841&z=17

The food apparently isn't the best.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1501
Rian1988
The food apparently isn't the best.

hmm for 170 quid a week it should be :mad: takes the Pi$$ but living costs in Edinburgh are horrendous anyways i guess. Cheers for the help :biggrin:
DanNCL
hmm for 170 quid a week it should be :mad: takes the Pi$$ but living costs in Edinburgh are horrendous anyways i guess. Cheers for the help :biggrin:

Yeh I would never pay that and I really don't know who can actually afford £170 a week.
Reply 1503
Yea thats where grants and loans come in, because me or my parents sure as hell can't. I guess i'll be washing glasses in the three sisters or something haha
aww that's what freshers week is for, isn't it? can't hurt to have a look on facebook or yougo, though :biggrin:

I got my SAAS award notice the other day, yay!
Reply 1505
question: what date do we go back after christmas? and what date does term 2 end?
Eadaoin
question: what date do we go back after christmas? and what date does term 2 end?

Here you go, all the dates are here http://www.ed.ac.uk/news/semester-dates/200910
hei freshers!!

So here's a thing.
We, the international, should go to Edinburgh in 12th of September, right? Why do we need to go on that date, can't we go in 14th?
I'm gonna have a maths internship until 11th September, didn't want to miss it!

Hay interz! o/
gammapulsar
We, the international, should go to Edinburgh in 12th of September, right? Why do we need to go on that date, can't we go in 14th?

There are people on duty to welcome you, give you your key, etc. If you arrive between 9am and 10pm on either the 12th or the 13th. If you arriving at another point (earlier or later) you need to arrange key collection with accommodation services.
Cool, they've apparently processed my student ID form. :biggrin: The picture I sent in is now up on MyEd. :biggrin:
Rainfaery
Cool, they've apparently processed my student ID form. :biggrin: The picture I sent in is now up on MyEd. :biggrin:

Yeh, mine showed up a wee while ago. It's not exactly what I want to see every time I log into myed :tongue:
Rian1988
Yeh, mine showed up a wee while ago. It's not exactly what I want to see every time I log into myed :tongue:

:p: Haha, I know what you mean. I look rather silly, because I used the picture I had to get taken for my visa, so I look all grim and stuff. :rolleyes:
you never see that page anyway unless you're looking for your DoS' contact details... webct and results are where it's at :smile:
Is there reading in Edinburgh?
Sorry I mean reading week, obviously, my brain does not work too well anymore
Hey is anybody staying in flat 6 warrender park road (starting september 2009)?
I'd love to know! Or anybody studying History of Art?
LandEcAbs
Sorry I mean reading week, obviously, my brain does not work too well anymore

Sort of... some subjects have a week off around mid semester which is essay writing week, but other subjects don't, so you might still have classes. And even if your subjects do all have a week off, it might not be the same week as they tend to be either week 6 or week 7. The departments love communicating with eachother, clearly!
Thank you "oxymoronic". I truly hope that I have reading week with no lessons.. but that seems to be wishful thinking, at the moment
Reply 1518
Maybe it's not what this topic is about, but I am starting this September and I would like to know that in what dress do you go to your exams?

Is it OK to go to an exam in a good looking jumper and some proper trousers, or the teachers do look at you differently if you don't wear some elegant grey suit?
zsero
Is it OK to go to an exam in a good looking jumper and some proper trousers, or the teachers do look at you differently if you don't wear some elegant grey suit?

That's fine. No teachers are present in examinations, only invigilators. Wear whatever you like - I tend to stick to jeans and tshirt - there is no dress code to lectures or to exams or to anything really.

Latest