Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparently.... We have to send in certificates of our results, of our GCSEs to Edinburgh

Any advise on how I should go about doing this, seeing as I do not even know where any of mine are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LandEcAbs)
    Apparently.... We have to send in certificates of our results, of our GCSEs to Edinburgh

Any advise on how I should go about doing this, seeing as I do not even know where any of mine are?
    By using a scanner and emailing them in, or a photocopier and posting them in. If you've lost them, then find them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
    By using a scanner and emailing them in, or a photocopier and posting them in. If you've lost them, then find them!

haha, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I sent my results through mail last Thursday! When will they update track? :x
    i wanna be unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    I would give it a couple of weeks or so. They will be swarmed with post right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zsero)
    Maybe it's not what this topic is about, but I am starting this September and I would like to know that in what dress do you go to your exams?

Is it OK to go to an exam in a good looking jumper and some proper trousers, or the teachers do look at you differently if you don't wear some elegant grey suit?
    I've been to an exam in my pj's as I was running late due to a fire alarm in my building, so just shoved my hoodie over them... does that answer your question?

Seriously... where do you think you're going?? you just wear whatever you'd normally wear in life, so if you normally wear suits go for it, if not then don't bother. The lecturers are rarely in their exams anyway, it's just invigilators who like shouting too much.

ReputationRep:

scanner i just did mine, it didn't take long but the uploader bit is really confusing/i'm thick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    scanner i just did mine, it didn't take long but the uploader bit is really confusing/i'm thick

The problem is that I don't actually know where mine are... I have looked for them for like two days,

Any suggestions on what to do?

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that I don't actually know where mine are... I have looked for them for like two days,

panic?
    call the uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    panic?
    call the uni?
    Hmmm.. Yeah, I'll call them and see. It shall be extremely interesting

ReputationRep:

find them or buy new ones.
    you need them to matriculate properly as otherwise you could have just lied about all of your results, and even if you get away with it now you'll need them in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    find them or buy new ones.
    you need them to matriculate properly as otherwise you could have just lied about all of your results, and even if you get away with it now you'll need them in the future.
    Yeah, I asked both of my schools to confirm them and Edinburgh said that is fine....

I will order new ones though.... I never knew that I would still need them though

i didn't even know people would lie about things such as GCSEs- intriguing

ReputationRep:
    I will order new ones though.... I never knew that I would still need them though
    You pass your driving test and are issued with a driver's license. Do you throw it away? The certificates you were given are the only official proof that you achieved the grades you said you did

ReputationRep:
    You pass your driving test and are issued with a driver's license. Do you throw it away? The certificates you were given are the only official proof that you achieved the grades you said you did
    Yes, I do understand that... they were actually misplaced whilst moving house. But I do undertand.. Thank you for pointing that out

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering about the gold card, is it worth getting? How necessary is it during freshers week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh-roid)
    Just wondering about the gold card, is it worth getting? How necessary is it during freshers week?
    To quote oxymoronic: (link)

(Original post by oxymoronic)
    don't.
    unless you're gonna go to the big cheese every week of your life for the next year (or are the passes only valid for a semester?) then you may as well pop your money in an envelope and post it to EUSA as a donation.
    given you've mentioned you like music i do not think you'll be going to the old cheese on a weekly basis!!
    I'm going for her advice .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelien)
    I'm going for her advice .
    One thing going for the Gold Card is that it gets you free entry into the weekly comedy nights at the Pleasance (or used to anyway), which if you use it every week does pay for itself (tickets were generally between £5 and £7 each week).

ReputationRep:
    One thing going for the Gold Card is that it gets you free entry into the weekly comedy nights at the Pleasance (or used to anyway), which if you use it every week does pay for itself (tickets were generally between £5 and £7 each week).
    According to the Terms, it says "free entry to Tuesday Pleasance comedy before 7pm with a pre-collected ticket". So yeah, it seems it still includes that. But I haven't found anywhere for how long the card is valid? If it's only one semester then I don't know if it's worth it anyway, how often do you care to go to the Pleasance comedy or how often do you really have time? After all it's in the middle of the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelien)
    If it's only one semester then I don't know if it's worth it anyway, how often do you care to go to the Pleasance comedy or how often do you really have time? After all it's in the middle of the week.
    A couple of years ago it was officially a one semester thing but you got emails and offers for the whole year. As for how often you can go to comedy, sparing 7-9 (roughly) every Tuesday isn't difficult, most people I know tend to do the majority of their studying at the weekend in reality. I find that the bigger issue is how many societies meet on a Tuesday which means that there just isn't time to go to the comedy unless you're going to see a particular name.

For the past 2 years they have advertised the reduced price all semester despite claiming at the beginning that it's only available until the end of freshers' week. So there's probably time to decide after you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm getting to Edinburgh in 11 days. I need to start figuring out where to buy things. So, for people who know Edinburgh, where can I buy things like duvets, sheets, and duvet covers?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.