Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for politics, when am I likely to hear from them?

ReputationRep:
    Someone in my school last year sent application 15/10 and got an offer in April!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClairyFairy-x)
    I applied for Maths (G100) at Edinburgh too My application only got sent on the 28th though, so no offers yet.
    Have you applied to do that course anywhere else?
    x
    Actually no!
    I applied for maths and physics to Glasgow, Strathclyde and Aberdeen. Only reply so far is from Glasgow (unconditional ). I wish Edinburgh would hurry up! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh! It looks like I have an offer!

My application status is now blank, and I have a link to a page with "fees for the course for which we have made you an offer!"

Hurrah! I've been watching for this offer for ages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedro16)
    Actually no!
    I applied for maths and physics to Glasgow, Strathclyde and Aberdeen. Only reply so far is from Glasgow (unconditional ). I wish Edinburgh would hurry up! Where else have you applied?
    Ahh well done! I also applied to Aberdeen, Heriot Watt, Dundee and Stirling (but Stirling is a G120). Only heard back from Heriot Watt so far (Condition of a B in any of my subjects, which should be fine because I'm predicted to get two a's in my highers and a b at advanced higher).
    So frustrating having to wait for replies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Ahh! It looks like I have an offer!

My application status is now blank, and I have a link to a page with "fees for the course for which we have made you an offer!"

Hurrah! I've been watching for this offer for ages!
    Mine was blank for ages yet they didnt say i have an offer lol after i got my offer it changed to "decision made".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClairyFairy-x)
    Ahh well done! I also applied to Aberdeen, Heriot Watt, Dundee and Stirling (but Stirling is a G120). Only heard back from Heriot Watt so far (Condition of a B in any of my subjects, which should be fine because I'm predicted to get two a's in my highers and a b at advanced higher).
    So frustrating having to wait for replies!
    I know! I took AH Computing, and every single lesson since my application was sent, I have rushed into the classroom to check my email, UCAS track, Edinburgh euclid thing and the aberdeen portal!
    It really gets me down when there is no news.
    Congratulations on your offer from Heriot Watt. I think I should have applied there but I actually completely forgot about it when I was picking my universities. Typical...

ReputationRep:
    I've just received a conditional offer (BBB) for Sociology

ReputationRep:
    Right, the conditions of my offer came through!

It's a 32 overall, with 6 in HL maths, and 5 in HL physics and chemistry.

I'm a bit worried though, as it looks to be for first year entry, though I applied for second year. I've sent them a message through EUCLID, though, asking for clarification, so hopefully I'll find out soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    I'm a bit worried though, as it looks to be for first year entry, though I applied for second year. I've sent them a message through EUCLID, though, asking for clarification, so hopefully I'll find out soon.
    Tentatively: I applied for first year entry, and got a standard letter saying I got the offer and so on - and saying that if I wished to enter into the second year, I should see my tutor in the first week of term.

Maybe it's just not finalised till then? Hopefully they'll reply quickly... :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Tentatively: I applied for first year entry, and got a standard letter saying I got the offer and so on - and saying that if I wished to enter into the second year, I should see my tutor in the first week of term.

Maybe it's just not finalised till then? Hopefully they'll reply quickly... :nah:
    They replied to me this morning, and said that it is indeed for second year entry! I am much relieved, though still in shock by how low the offer is. I'll take it, though! I really love Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for Ancient and Medieval

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)
    Unconditional for Ancient and Medieval
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for physics (see sig)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjames06)
    Congrats!
    My insurance so glad I got an offer before xmas!

ReputationRep:
    Got an information pack for my Informatics offer today. Quite glad, because it reminded me just how awesome the course was.

ReputationRep:
    Any offers for IR?

ReputationRep:
    Heard from edinburgh today

Accountancy and economics - Rejected

Accountancy and business - Unconditional

Confused, happy, sad and a little hungry all at once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    Heard from edinburgh today

Accountancy and economics - Rejected

Accountancy and business - Unconditional

Confused, happy, sad and a little hungry all at once.
    what were your predicted grades like...iv applied for just economics and have not yet heard anything!!

ReputationRep:
    I finally got an offer!
    MPhys second year entry

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.