The Student Room Group

i have no friends but i’m ok with it?

i have basically no friends and no social life but i’m not mad about it nor does it affect my life. this summer i spent most of my time at home, focusing on improving myself, learning new skills and starting up a business. to be real most of my time i’m on netflix or something but i’m trying to improve.

i was upset for a really long time because of my sad social life. i wasn’t sad because it affected me and its not that i wanted to be social. but rather i felt like i was missing out and i was meant to have friends like other people. but i just feel like i have so much to do by myself right now. obv i want a social life eventually but rn i don’t mind being completely lonely. is this weird and pathetic? or does anyone else feel like this
Original post by Anonymous
Is this weird and pathetic?

Definitely not: your introverted social presence causes you to be happy by yourself. This is completely normal, and common. Do not feel pressured by society into doing something that you don't want to, e.g. spending time with friends.
It's fine. You do you, what others think doesn't matter as long as you are happy and aren't harming anyone.
Original post by taylor2317
Definitely not: your introverted social presence causes you to be happy by yourself. This is completely normal, and common. Do not feel pressured by society into doing something that you don't want to, e.g. spending time with friends.

thank you. this made me feel better
Original post by Anonymous
i have basically no friends and no social life but i’m not mad about it nor does it affect my life. this summer i spent most of my time at home, focusing on improving myself, learning new skills and starting up a business. to be real most of my time i’m on netflix or something but i’m trying to improve.

i was upset for a really long time because of my sad social life. i wasn’t sad because it affected me and its not that i wanted to be social. but rather i felt like i was missing out and i was meant to have friends like other people. but i just feel like i have so much to do by myself right now. obv i want a social life eventually but rn i don’t mind being completely lonely. is this weird and pathetic? or does anyone else feel like this

It's completely normal; you are just an introvert. You'll have a social life eventually when you are supposed to. It's great that you can spend time with yourself because many cannot. Don't overthink it just do you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending