Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Thinly veiled: 'I've never been to the gym but act macho on the internet'
    Are you telling me, if someone was burning a hole through you while your happily doing your routine, you wouldn't say something?

-Good on you if you wouldn't... I'm a little bit more forward than you, quite obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nu Ordah!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    You have pretty much hit the nail on the head. The fact is gyms have nothing whatsoever do with health and fitness, its quite absurd. In a moment of madness I joined a gym a few years ago and it occured to me that it was a facade to enable people to assert their sexual prowess and youthful vigour.

Actually they are deeply unhealthy on several levels. For a start they are a breeding ground for germs, they are physically dangerous, they create an illusion that people can work on themselves like a project and then when they fail their self esteem drops. Worst of all it isnt even ******* pleasurable.

Instead, walk through fields for hours, eat lots of good food, improve your mind - all are much more long term and beneficial.
    Gotta disagree there, although I understand what you are saying.

Im lucky enough to have a small gym in my uni halls, most the time I have it to myself. After a hard day I love going in there and going through my routine. It relieves stress and I catch myself just being really contented. And also, I like the fact that I feel more toned. I run loads, and eat well, so health wise I am in good shape, but the gym just tops it off for me.

If you know what you are doing, and your limits, there is absolutely no reason for a gym to be dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 24, not sure how old they are, I think they are over 18
    why didn't you ask them what their ******* problem was? I'd have followed them out the gym if i were you so you knew which was their car. people get pretty intimidated if you follow them about. failing that just tell them to get a grip and go back to the playground.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...to me..the way i look at things are..

1) You posted anonymous..on reasons you being threatened by couple people at gym..which i don't quiet understand why you would want to hide your identity...anyhow..thats not my problem. It just got me thinking...

2) Sounds kind of suspicious...like..not the whole information is given.. just an reason of being sight of eyeline and not knowing where to look. Not sure how your gym is designed..but surely you either looking at them somewhere you they wouldn't want to be looking? or..they just don't want you to look at them. But hey..it's there problem..if they don't want to be looked at..they should leave.

3) Not sure what person you are..but if your the type that goes to gym looking at people more than working out...i'd say thats creepy. But who knows..those guys are not better themselves..with the attitude towards you.

Of course..threats are threats and will this continue..you should report this to the police with sufficient evidence. Words can act alone but.. without any evidence, they wouldn't know who to believe once they interrogate and stereotype people. Anyhow... what i do is..mind my own business...and even if they still being causing trouble whereas u are the victim..you should seek police protection. If you keep bothering them..who knows..you may be reported to the staffs of the gym of disciplinary action whatever they plan too do.

So yeah..choose what you feel best.

ReputationRep:
    I am 24, not sure how old they are, I think they are over 18
    Show them by ignoring them and getting on with your workout or stand up for yourself. NEVER let anyone younger than you take you for a mug. Its the worst thing you can do.

ReputationRep:
    seriously why are people saying don't grass them up? what sort of gyms do you go to? knob heads like that shouldn't be there. pussies.

ReputationRep:
    I went gym today, and there was 2 guys who kept swearing at me and threated to beat me up for looking at them.

I didn't tell the staff, should I tell the staff if they do the same thing next time?

They have to be looking at me, for them to see me looking at them.

I don't understand what their problem is, surely I have to look at something at the gym, and if they are in my eyeline, I can't do anything about it.

Any advice? I am just worried that if I tell the staff, when I leave the gym, they would start beating me.
    I wouldn't take it personally, probably the steriods...

grab one of them by the scruff of the neck and threaten to shove his friend so far up his backside that he'll be able to see his lungs....

or just tell the owner to keep an eye on them, dont tell on them or anything because they might come for you outside

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.