The Student Room Group

Which is the worst work uniform?

Elder sis has just started a new job at a travel agents this week and although only 2 days into it, is already detesting the polyester jacket/blouse/skirt combo that they have to wear, together with regulation hosiery and 'sensible' shoes. Does anybody else have to wear one for work, and if so, what don't you like about it?

Scroll to see replies

Waitrose one is pretty nasty.
Reply 2
I hated my old Co-Op one, but that was when I was 16...might've changed a fair bit since then.
the Build a bear uniform is intresting.
the Build a bear uniform is intresting.
Reply 5
Tescos new uniform
Absolutely terrible, youd think theyd actually use a half decent fashion designer :angry:
Morrisons. That is all.
Reply 7
hays travel is hands down the worst uniform!
That stopped me doing an apprentship there >x[
Maccy D's
orchid pub uniform - black trousers, black shoes and a black top (then there is the extras; hair tied up, no make-up, no jewellary). it's pretty good as far as uniforms go.
i refuse to work anywhere that makes me where a hat like gregs and maccy d's
Reply 11
So what's the issue with Co-op/Tescos uniforms? Is it the style, or how they fit?

Big sis isn't impressed with hers, and as I look at her now in it I can agree with some of her gripes really;
- the jacket and skirt are made of really nasty cheap material
- the skirt creases really badly when she sits down (which is most of the day)
- the blouse keeps coming untucked at the back
- the blouse gapes open between the buttons so you can see her bra
- the skirt lining is too long and shows below the hem of the skirt

And the colour is vile! :frown:
mine at the moment consists of a luminous green tshirt advertising chicken teriyaki sandwiches with a huge heart on it, with black trousers and an apron. oh and let's not forget the hat. i normally have to wear a tshirt that says 'upgrade to a footlong' or something on it.

i win.
sainsburys uniform is horrible!
Reply 14
saranotsarah
So what's the issue with Co-op/Tescos uniforms? Is it the style, or how they fit?(

Tescos uniform
The new one (which we start wearing on 17th November at my store), the trousers, shirt and jacket are all different colours light blue, black and greeny blue :frown:

The shirt i it absolutely massive literally it a long skirt on me, the jacket is skin tight and literally stops you from moving (no exageration) and the trousers give you rashes

They all feel completely disgusting and make you look like a complete and utter retard.

And I ordered the most normal looking uniform, there were different options... one of which looked like a 2 year old had scribbled all over a shirt and then poo'd all over it and washed it with red wine to finish it off

Geeeez man, anyone working at tesco will know exactly what Im talking about

Also there complete retards, i work 2 days a week (10 hours a week total), i was given 3 shirts, 2 trousers and 4 jackets... I mean, wtf? :shifty:
Reply 15
I work in operating theatres...so, blue scrubs which are boiled so are more like pj's, rubber clogs, masks, hats....

Yeah, try wearing a that for 9 hour shifts...
Reply 16
I wear a bright yellow polo shirt which is way too big being mens medium

Teamed with cheap nasty trackies which are also huge or shorts where the leg holes are so big I feel like I'm flashing everyone...good times :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Comet's lovely bright orange shirts and ill fitting trousers have to be somewhere near the top, luckily I left there and now work at Oasis where I get to wear their lovely clothes as uniform.. good times! :biggrin:
Reply 18
saranotsarah
So what's the issue with Co-op/Tescos uniforms? Is it the style, or how they fit?

Big sis isn't impressed with hers, and as I look at her now in it I can agree with some of her gripes really;
- the jacket and skirt are made of really nasty cheap material
- the skirt creases really badly when she sits down (which is most of the day)
- the blouse keeps coming untucked at the back
- the blouse gapes open between the buttons so you can see her bra
- the skirt lining is too long and shows below the hem of the skirt

And the colour is vile! :frown:

When I worked at Co-Op (as I say, this is going back five years now), the uniform was a disgusting checkered green and purple shirt, and navy blue trousers.
The material both parts were made out of felt like cheap, rough plastic, and the trousers were drainpipe style, narrowing at the ankles so that you couldn't avoid the typical geekish 'socks showing' look.
There was nothing about it to like, really.
Reply 19
Lilmisstrouble
sainsburys uniform is horrible!

Why's it so bad?

Latest