NUS Extra card STILL not come. Angry angry angry. Watch

olliecapehorn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I filled out a form at the beginning of September for an NUS Extra (student saving) card. In October, £10 was debited from my bank account and I have still not received the card.

There is no contact information for NUS Extra whatsoever. It is extremely difficult for me to get a refund or ideally - a card!

I am soooooo angry. What to do?
Oldspeak
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it does take ages for the card to arrive, at least one month, so maybe it might still come? are you sure there is no phone number on the website?
olliecapehorn
Rep:
?
nope. No number for the NUS Extra section

And, why should it take months? It really shouldn't - especially after they now have my money. It's disgraceful.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You do know that they don't deliver it to you? It goes to your union. Failing that, try contacting Alan Scobbie - he should be able to sort it out for you.
becca-22x
Report 10 years ago
It took me ages to receive mine, I also sent it right at the beginning of September but I received it about a week ago. They sent me an email in the middle of October to say they "had just received my application" and it will be processed asap. Im sure it will come soon x
olliecapehorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dionysus)
You do know that they don't deliver it to you? It goes to your union. Failing that, try contacting Alan Scobbie - he should be able to sort it out for you.
I'm a 6th Form student so I applied by post... Got it stamped and everything!!!
olliecapehorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by becca-22x)
It took me ages to receive mine, I also sent it right at the beginning of September but I received it about a week ago. They sent me an email in the middle of October to say they "had just received my application" and it will be processed asap. Im sure it will come soon x
Well perhaps there is hope! What I don't understand is why they have taken the money but not sent the email???!!!
Crisbduck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ours are delivered to student reception,
Im at college atm,
Have you contacted the 6th form office?
olliecapehorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crisbduck)
Ours are delivered to student reception,
Im at college atm,
Have you contacted the 6th form office?
I put my home address on the form.
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
NUS have really ballsed up this year.. it is not just you! (not that that is any comfort, I'm sure) they 'lost' 1200 cards for my uni and had to re-print the whole lot. They don't answer emails from students. I expect there is someone at your college who could contact them on your behalf, try the office, usually there is someone with admin rights who should be able to chase it up for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.3%
No - I got the required grades (115)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.62%

Watched Threads