The Student Room Group

Im 17 and 6ft 1(185cm), will I reach 6ft5(195cm)?

I'm 17, nearly 18 male and I would like to know if i could reach the height of 6ft5 as my final height?
Reply 1
No.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17, nearly 18 male and I would like to know if i could reach the height of 6ft5 as my final height?

Unless you get a tumour in your pituitary gland in the not too distant future, it’s very unlikely.
Why do you ask? Are any of your relatives around 6’ 5”?

1 inch within a foot. Probably an inch or so left to grow right now maybe you might though unless you are like me where you’ve got told you have the possibility to grow till the age of 25 then I probably doubt it. 21 year old male here 6’0.
1 inch within a foot. Probably an inch or so left to grow right now maybe you might though unless you are like me where you’ve got told you have the possibility to grow till the age of 25 then I probably doubt it. 21 year old male here 6’0.

Unless you get a tumour in your pituitary gland in the not too distant future, it’s very unlikely.
Why do you ask? Are any of your relatives around 6’ 5”?

Im the shortest kid in my family. My oldest cousins are 6ft5 and the other 6ft2. My 15 year old brother is 6ft2, my other cousin whos a year younger is 6ft1.
Im the shortest kid in my family. My oldest cousins are 6ft5 and the other 6ft2. My 15 year old brother is 6ft2, my other cousin whos a year younger is 6ft1.

Woah.

6’ 1” is still a rather impressive height.

If we use a normal distribution = 70 inches, σ = 2.5 inches), we can estimate that you are taller than circa 88.5% of men (at least in the UK). Thus, you ain’t doing badly at all.
6’ 1” is still a rather impressive height.

If we use a normal distribution = 70 inches, σ = 2.5 inches), we can estimate that you are taller than circa 88.5% of men (at least in the UK). Thus, you ain’t doing badly at all.

Yeah that's true, I'm still very much grateful for that. It does get a bit annoying when my mother who's only 5ft4(164cm) calls me short though. Lmao
It's highly unlikely.
I'm 19 and stopped growing more or less at sixteen, if not fifteen, marginally growing very slightly up to my current height of around 6'3/6'4.
I don't get why you would want to be six'five. I say this as a six foot three person. It's near impossible to find anything that fits me in this country, the doorways are very low in this country too, no legroom on buses or public transport/planes, and you have to eat a lot to avoid looking like a stick
Original post by Ferrograd
It's highly unlikely.
I'm 19 and stopped growing more or less at sixteen, if not fifteen, marginally growing very slightly up to my current height of around 6'3/6'4.
I don't get why you would want to be six'five. I say this as a six foot three person. It's near impossible to find anything that fits me in this country, the doorways are very low in this country too, no legroom on buses or public transport/planes, and you have to eat a lot to avoid looking like a stick

We I'm currently staying in Belgium rn so pretty much land of the giants. 6ft3 is also a good height too so I wouldn't mind. I just wanna be able to say that even though I'm one of the shortest, I am still a decent height haha.
Reply 10
No sorry.

But you have a nice height so be grateful.

Quick Reply

Latest