The Student Room Group

What was your EPQ experience like?

I'm not sure what to expect, I've got my idea sorted but I missed the taster cause I was ill and IDK what to expect so am scared
thanks
I found my EPQ experience calm tbf, ended up getting an A, one mark off an A* and I pretty much completed it during 1-2 weeks of my summer holidays, but I would advise you to constantly keep on top of it. Make the research review very detailed, do everything your teacher wants you to do, and go to him/her for extra advice. Look at examples online of high graded EPQ's and make note of what they do and implement that into your EPQ. I would advise you to pick a topic you are interested in going into in the future, for example I want to do something science based therefore I did mine on genetic engineering. Good luck!!
Original post by Beebutton
I'm not sure what to expect, I've got my idea sorted but I missed the taster cause I was ill and IDK what to expect so am scared
thanks
Original post by Beebutton
thanks

I did EPQ at the start of y12 and I am gonna get my result in 2 days but I was predicted an A* by my supervisor. My experience was that it was really fun cos I picked a topic which I found interesting. I wrote about 7000 words, which sounds like a lot but it really isn't ( its like 12 pages). However the paperwork was really annoying so I advise u to keep on top of it. Make sure you plan good and use alot of sources to plan ( I used a mindmap, GANTT chart as well as a table). The actual research was fun as well, just make sure u choose a topic that has some research evidence
Reply 3
Original post by leylaxx05
I did EPQ at the start of y12 and I am gonna get my result in 2 days but I was predicted an A* by my supervisor. My experience was that it was really fun cos I picked a topic which I found interesting. I wrote about 7000 words, which sounds like a lot but it really isn't ( its like 12 pages). However the paperwork was really annoying so I advise u to keep on top of it. Make sure you plan good and use alot of sources to plan ( I used a mindmap, GANTT chart as well as a table). The actual research was fun as well, just make sure u choose a topic that has some research evidence

awesome thanks!, im researching quartets, and am writing one and teaching it to some kids at a primary sch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending