Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"All men look at other women, irrespective of whether they're in a relationship" Watch

Sorry to be a bit pendantic but what if you're a blind man? But anyway, women are not invisible so you have to liturally see them, but it depends how you see them.

ReputationRep:
    True definitely. For me anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'm probally a pretty weird guy, I generally don't look at most women in that way... I generally grow attraction from friendship....

All my mates noticed this.... Oh well, I still know if a woman is attractive in my opinion, I just don't look at them in that way if I am in a relationship, it's like a mind blank :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisyesterday)
    But surely you can notice if another girl is 'pretty'. Maybe not on a sexual level, but it's impossible not to acknowledge that you find them attractive on *some* level at least?
    Nope, why would I need to find them attractive. Its definitely not impossible. As far as I'm concerned, there is only one girl that I class as attractive and pretty.
    Everyone else is either ugly or mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    I do. I think it's natural and part of life. Also it would be too much stress not to.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Definitely true. "Look but don't touch."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I don't look at other women. Why would I need to when I can look at the best looking girl in the world? Once I'm in a relationship, nobody is attractive except me, and the missus.
    I'm gonna take a stab and say your girlfriend checks your TSR account or she forced you at gunpoint to write this :P

All guys look at girls. Its nature. Irrespective of relationship status as monogamy is not natural.

Anyways, a girlfriend should respect men's great taste in the girls he's checking out and hold herself in high-esteem for being in that league.

My two cents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayh3m)
    I'm gonna take a stab and say your girlfriend checks your TSR account or she forced you at gunpoint to write this :P
    Not at all :p: I just feel differently to other people. But I don't find anyone outside of my gf attractive, or recognise that they are pretty. They're just there.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all :p: I just feel differently to other people. But I don't find anyone outside of my gf attractive, or recognise that they are pretty. They're just there.

The thing is, my boyfriend tells me something similar, but I just refuse to believe it (which is why I started this thread).

He admits that he can look at another girl and say if she is pretty, but claims that he doesn't think that a girl is 'hot' or 'attractive', and looks at girls completely differently when he's in a relationship to when he is single..I just don't see how it can be *that* different.. it's just looking, surely the feelings are going to be the same.

I don't believe him, and quite frankly I'd rather he was just honest about it. It really annoys me that he would try and deny it. :/

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's true, and the same goes for women.

I know I wouldn't stop looking just because I was going out with someone. I'd never do anything with another man, but looking is just natural.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, my boyfriend tells me something similar, but I just refuse to believe it (which is why I started this thread).

He admits that he can look at another girl and say if she is pretty, but claims that he doesn't think that a girl is 'hot' or 'attractive', and looks at girls completely differently when he's in a relationship to when he is single..I just don't see how it can be *that* different.. it's just looking, surely the feelings are going to be the same.

I don't believe him, and quite frankly I'd rather he was just honest about it. It really annoys me that he would try and deny it. :/
    Maybe he's not lying, and he is being honest, and you should trust him more. When he says they're pretty, he's saying "I can see why they're attractive to others, but I've got someone already so I don't need to look at her".

ReputationRep:
    It's true, of course. We're all human - even if I'm in a relationship, I'm not not gonna look at other men! Doesn't mean anything, it's human nature to look!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's not lying, and he is being honest, and you should trust him more. When he says they're pretty, he's saying "I can see why they're attractive to others, but I've got someone already so I don't need to look at her".

He says the exact same thing. Are you sure it's not you ?

I mean, I trust that he would never cheat on me, or do anything to hurt me in any way - this is just something very difficult to believe, because as far as I'm concerned it's human nature.

ReputationRep:
    99% of men check me out anyway, regardless of whether their wife with four children at the table are present.

ReputationRep:
    He says the exact same thing. Are you sure it's not you ?

I mean, I trust that he would never cheat on me, or do anything to hurt me in any way - this is just something very difficult to believe, because as far as I'm concerned it's human nature.
    But its not. Some people (e.g. me and your boyfriend) are more along the lines of "I've got enough to look at". Its not cheating to say anybody's pretty, or attractive, but perhaps me and your boyfriend are some of the rare guys who don't look at other girls. I know I don't, because I've got everything I need. Your boyfriend may think the same. I wouldn't see it as something difficult to believe, but more a compliment from your boyfriend that you (in his eyes) are more than pretty enough to make everyone else look mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    But its not. Some people (e.g. me and your boyfriend) are more along the lines of "I've got enough to look at". Its not cheating to say anybody's pretty, or attractive, but perhaps me and your boyfriend are some of the rare guys who don't look at other girls. I know I don't, because I've got everything I need. Your boyfriend may think the same. I wouldn't see it as something difficult to believe, but more a compliment from your boyfriend that you (in his eyes) are more than pretty enough to make everyone else look mediocre.

You sound very alike, and I guess that's making his 'story' more plausible. I guess the fact that I'm pretty insecure about myself doesn't help me to believe him. I appreciate your comments, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You sound very alike, and I guess that's making his 'story' more plausible. I guess the fact that I'm pretty insecure about myself doesn't help me to believe him. I appreciate your comments, thank you.
    If we sound alike he probably thinks the same way as me Don't worry, we're a rare breed, and I'm glad to have (kinda) helped

ReputationRep:
    course they do!! just like us girlies look at you guys

ReputationRep:

Can you honestly say that you haven't even acknowledged the physical attractiveness of another man since you started your relationship?
    There is a big difference between being able to say "s/he's attractive" and saying "I am attracted to them". He is attracted to you. He is interested in you. Whilst he may register that other women have qualities that may have erstwhile attracted and interested him, he wants to be with you and so is not attracted or interested in them.
    Stop being so damn insecure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Can you honestly say that you haven't even acknowledged the physical attractiveness of another man since you started your relationship?
    There is a big difference between being able to say "s/he's attractive" and saying "I am attracted to them". He is attracted to you. He is interested in you. Whilst he may register that other women have qualities that may have erstwhile attracted and interested him, he wants to be with you and so is not attracted or interested in them.
    Stop being so damn insecure.

I try...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.