Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a Bi guy!! watch

Yeah :p:

Okay, I'm a 17 year old guy, goes to college blah blah. I came out last week to my two best mates, they had no problem

I don't know how to tell other people, I want people to know. Should i just shout it out at lunch when everyone is around? :rolleyes:

Anyone care to help?

xx

You shouldn't need to reveal yourself publicly... in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Kiss a guy in public then turn round and kiss a girl

ReputationRep:
    that would be a bit attention seeking. just change all your statuses. like, on facebook. word always gets around.

ReputationRep:
    Why do need to tell people anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Why are you making such a big deal about it? People generally just don't care

ReputationRep:
    i think you should just keep it to yourself but if people ask you if you are then if your comfy with it just admit it. making it overly public can make it seem a bit over the top. it's not such a bit thing anymore lots of people are asexual/bi/gay or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Plus, you would reinforcing negative stereotypes about gays/bis. Stop trying to throw it in peoples' faces.

ReputationRep:
    No need to make it overly public. It's one thing to show confidence in your sexuality - ie not being afraid to admit it during a simple conversation (e.g. giving your opinion on a hot guy) - but it's another to blurt it out.

ReputationRep:
    I echo what others have said - you shouldn't need to blurt it out. Just tell people if they ask and change your Facebook status etc if you want word to get round, but in my experience, generally people don't care

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to tell the world about your sexuality, chances are people won't care and just shouting in a crowded room will just make you seem attention-seeking and pathetic.

Why do people feel the need to force their own sexual preferences down people's throats?

ReputationRep:
    You should parade around your sexuality as much as a straight person would. If someone is interested in your sexuality, you answer truthfully. If a website asks you to fill in your sexual preference, you answer truthfully. You don't have to go out of your way to let people know, as it is, as someone else has already said, attention seeking.

ReputationRep:
    You want to let everyone know... but you post as anonymous? :p:

Everyone learns everything from Facebook; just change your status on there.

ReputationRep:
    Tell someone you know can't keep a secret, it will soon get around :P

ReputationRep:
    Woooooo *high five*. Seriously, does everyone need to know?

I couldn't really give a **** whether you're straight, gay or bisexual to be honest. It's not even noteworthy, let alone shocking.

Besides, if you want everyone to know, then why the hell are you posting anonymously?

ReputationRep:
    who cares. Your sexuality isn't your personality. The only reason anyone needs to know is if you fancy them.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't tell everyone, I'd just carry on as normal, except going out with members of my own sex. They'll find out eventually but won't see it as a big deal.

Well done for coming out to your friends though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm straight, how should I tell people?

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand wanting to tell everyone and anyone! However, shouting about it does make a lot of people raise eyebrows. Wear a small rainbow/bi pride badge (or something), change your status/interested in on facebook, discuss hot guys and gals. Presume everyone knows already, then people will go 'Oh, are you gay/bi?' and you can say 'Oh, yea, bi - didn't you know?' - puts you in control of the situation.

It *is* difficult to come out - I've found myself re-closetted by assumption and I don't know how to tell my pride group I'm not a lesbian/bi girl. :rolleyes: Everytime I'm asked an opinion on someone's attractiveness I've found myself nodding rather than re-coming out, it's hard. You'll just have to be strong. :hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.