Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have a PGCE interview at Durham next week and they've asked me to look into which college I want to apply to and let them know on the day. I really don't know very much about the whole college system and was hoping some of you could share your thoughts.

Ideally I'd like somewhere fairly down to earth, with a fair amount of other grad students. I guess location is quite important too.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be around lots of other grad students, look into Ustinov. It's the only college that's fully post-grad.

As far as location goes, you'll be about 20 minutes max from lectures and departments no matter what college you're at, so you probably won't need to worry about that much. Durham is small.

ReputationRep:
    Hild Bede has a load of postgrads too - as does Hatfield (though if you are looking at somewhere down to earth - the latter might be a bad idea)

ReputationRep:
    I think Hild Bede has a lot of PGCE students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOS86)
    Hi there,

I have a PGCE interview at Durham next week and they've asked me to look into which college I want to apply to and let them know on the day. I really don't know very much about the whole college system and was hoping some of you could share your thoughts.

Ideally I'd like somewhere fairly down to earth, with a fair amount of other grad students. I guess location is quite important too.

Thanks

HI i was just wondering how the interview went?
    I have mine in January! X

ReputationRep:
    Hey there. Yeah the interview went ok. To be honest I really wasn't sure if i'd got it or not but a day or two later I was told I had an offer. Which subject are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    im applying to primary! Im getting really nervous now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.