The Student Room Group

EMERGENCY HELP (My 2 years depends on your help): Brampton or NCS

Hi Guys. I am going to get my results in just 23 days. Then I am going to enroll. I am currently having a tough time deciding whether to go on Brampton or NCS. (1) Which one is the least intense?
(2) Which one consumes the least time - I've heard that Brampton requires you to be there by 8:10 and they end at 2:45. But NCS starts at 8:30. So from this angle, NCS is appealing to me.

I think if you guys know the reason for these questions, you would better able to help me.
I know Sixth form is intense and I have to work a lot. But I also want to spend these 2 years with moderate intensity. I want to make sure that I "spend" as less time outside as possible. And also get less hw as possible. This is because I am an independent guy. I study alone and indenpendly. So being able to "reserve" more time for home will allow me to study myself more effectively. Also these 2 years, I want to make sure that I take on some personal development courses, programming courses. So overall, again, these goals require more time spent at home doing less school works.
Can you guys please help me?
I went to brampton. I did Maths, FM and CS. Brampton is more intense then NCS in the sense that they make you do more work and give you homework and whatnot. However, from my experience the support from teachers is very good and also one of the periods in the day is independent study so that helps with not having to do as much work at home. From what ive heard from friends NCS is less intense, but at the same time, from the people I know Brampton students end up a lot better off by the end of yr12 because of the better support and are in a better position to apply to uni. It really depends on how much work your willing to put in tho and whether your willing to keep up. Also with stuff like programming courses brampton will encourage you to do stuff like that at home because it helps with applying to uni. You will most likely have to spend some time at home to finish of homework. From my experience tho homework is usually just textbook or exam questions so its stuff you would do anyway as part of revision. In yr 12 I probably spent an 1-3 hours at home each day on finishing work so its not too bad really, and with study period each day, if i got more work done then it would be less work at home. NCS have 4 periods and then they finish at around 12 or 1pm iirc. However they had some compulsary super-curricular/extra-curricular stuff in the afternoons sometimes that my friends had to go to, so i think it varies. I think its probably better to think long term tho. Which sixth form will better help you get into wherever you want to go after. From my experience your going to have to put in a lot of work in sixth form regardless of where you go if you want to end up in a good position to apply to uni.
Original post by bangladeshman
I went to brampton. I did Maths, FM and CS. Brampton is more intense then NCS in the sense that they make you do more work and give you homework and whatnot. However, from my experience the support from teachers is very good and also one of the periods in the day is independent study so that helps with not having to do as much work at home. From what ive heard from friends NCS is less intense, but at the same time, from the people I know Brampton students end up a lot better off by the end of yr12 because of the better support and are in a better position to apply to uni. It really depends on how much work your willing to put in tho and whether your willing to keep up. Also with stuff like programming courses brampton will encourage you to do stuff like that at home because it helps with applying to uni. You will most likely have to spend some time at home to finish of homework. From my experience tho homework is usually just textbook or exam questions so its stuff you would do anyway as part of revision. In yr 12 I probably spent an 1-3 hours at home each day on finishing work so its not too bad really, and with study period each day, if i got more work done then it would be less work at home. NCS have 4 periods and then they finish at around 12 or 1pm iirc. However they had some compulsary super-curricular/extra-curricular stuff in the afternoons sometimes that my friends had to go to, so i think it varies. I think its probably better to think long term tho. Which sixth form will better help you get into wherever you want to go after. From my experience your going to have to put in a lot of work in sixth form regardless of where you go if you want to end up in a good position to apply to uni.

Thank you so much for replying. I seriously need some suggestions.
Original post by bangladeshman

Would you reccomend going to brampton. I’m thinking of going there if i get accepted but it’s 1hr 30-1hr 45 mins away. I heard a lot of ppl travel that distance to go there anyways. Is it normal to travel that far and do you think it’s worth it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending