The Student Room Group

possible to get 2:1 or 2:2 degree?

Hi

I struggled so hard ( EC circumstances etc) in year two and now achieved
Level 5 : 120c attained (45%)

if I work really hard in final year, what kind of degree classification will I achieve?
possible to get 2:1 or 2:2 ?

or should I just repeat year 2 if at no chance I am going to get 2:1 or 2:2 ?

thanks
Original post by Skp_
Hi

if I work really hard in final year, what kind of degree classification will I achieve?

thanks

Is the 45% referring to your overall grade for second year or is it how much second year is worth?
How can we give you a useful answer?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Is the 45% referring to your overall grade for second year or is it how much second year is worth?

45% overall grade for 2nd year :frown:
Original post by Skp_
45% overall grade for 2nd year :frown:

And how much does your second year contribute to your overall classification?
Reply 5

Classification of your degree will be calculated by counting your overall Level 5 mark as 25% of your final award mark, with the remaining 75% coming from your Level 6 marks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Skp_
hi

thanks for trying to help :frown: (but I do not know where to get this information. Its easy to say in module handbook but I do not know where in module handbook)

I will see if I can find it somewhere. It is LJMU by the way

Second year at LJMU counts for 25%.

You therefore need 51.67 in final year for an overall average of 50, and 65 for 60 overall.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Skp_
hi

thanks for trying to help :frown: (but I do not know where to get this information. Its easy to say in module handbook but I do not know where in module handbook)

I will see if I can find it somewhere. It is LJMU by the way

In order to find where it is in the degree handbook, just read the handbook. Honestly, this response is bonkers.
Reply 8

Classification of your degree will be calculated by counting your overall Level 5 mark as 25% of your final award mark, with the remaining 75% coming from your Level 6 marks
Reply 9
thank you so much, I owe you a beer & @anonymous a beer ! so I still got a chance to graduate with atleast 2:2 degree. all is not lost :P
Original post by Skp_
thank you so much, I owe you a beer & @anonymous a beer ! so I still got a chance to graduate with atleast 2:2 degree. all is not lost :P

You might get away with a little under those figures due to a couple of factors - see section 8.
Reply 11
Clearly, you don't put enough effort in you absolute sod. 45% is garbage and you can do better. Everyone can get a 2.1 or 2.2 overall. All you need to do is get off your couch and attend lectures. Stop taking long afternoon naps and messing about. The average mark required for a 2.2 is 50% and for a 2.1 it's 60%. That's not hard at all to get. Of course you can get a 2.1 or 2.2. Since your third year counts for most of your degree mark, if you actually get your a$$ off that couch and stop watching Love Island or playing on PS4 then you might actually get somewhere, but if you keep going down the path that you chose in your second year, I am sorry to tell you, but you will never get a 2.1 or above. It's not that hard. Just put SOME effort in. The marks required for a 2.2 are not very high. Of course you can get that. How can you even ask this question? Do you wake up in the mirror and ask yourself, what is stopping me from getting a 2.1 today hmmmmm??? It's your lazy a$$ that's what's stopping you, so stop smoking weed and overdosing on alcohol and actually study. How about that MATE???

thank you for motivational speech :smile:

- non smoker
- mild to moderate alcohol
- gamer yes.

however I had EC circumstances, one of my parent passed away.

I will look at myself in mirror tomorrow morning and I will get it done in year 3. not worth repeating year 2. I almost made up mind to repeat year 2.

thanks again everyone who replied.,

Kind rgeards
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 12
Original post by ageshallnot
You might get away with a little under those figures due to a couple of factors - see section 8.

thank you so much :smile: I would like to gift you for your kind support ! cinema ticket? starbucks giftcard ? anything. :smile:
Original post by Skp_
thank you so much :smile: I would like to gift you for your kind support ! cinema ticket? starbucks giftcard ? anything. :smile:

Er no, just let us know how you get on in a year.
Original post by Skp_
Hi

thanks

Hi @Skp_

It is possible to really push your grade up in your final year! Especially if you use all the support available to you. Sounds like you have had a tough second year, have you made sure the uni is fully aware of your ECs? If so, do you know how they are taking them into account? For example, I had ECs in my second year, but due to the fact they couldn't tell how they have affected my grades in 2nd year, they're going to look at them again when deciding my final degree classification, especially if I am on the border of 2 grades.

You've got this!

Best wishes,
Kat
Reply 15
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Skp_

It is possible to really push your grade up in your final year! Especially if you use all the support available to you. Sounds like you have had a tough second year, have you made sure the uni is fully aware of your ECs? If so, do you know how they are taking them into account? For example, I had ECs in my second year, but due to the fact they couldn't tell how they have affected my grades in 2nd year, they're going to look at them again when deciding my final degree classification, especially if I am on the border of 2 grades.

You've got this!

Best wishes,
Kat

Hi

Uni knows in terms of just my personal tutor but I doubt if its been escalated further as I kept myself to myself rathern than crying about stuff. I can gather Medical Evidence and evidence regarding breavement and stuff and pass it to Uni to see if I can be marked fully as an exemption instead of being marked as capped to 40% for referral deferral work.
Thanks for input and directions,.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest