This discussion is closed.
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
What do you think of them?
I have been watching watch dog and some hippy folk are trying to get them banned.
I think off roaders are fab.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Horses for courses.

A lot of 4x4 style vehicles aren't 4x4 and don't go off-road; so it's more of a fashion statement. Just more dangerous really.

Although the Range Rover is quite a nice "luxury" car and a reasonably competent off-roader.
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Off road vehicles are pretty fab off road, like...

I shudder to think what happens to the child hit by its cowcatcher-esque bars at 35 mph...

But hey, if you want to buy it, no problem with me really. Just ain't my kinda vehicle...
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ah watchdog-that show has a lot to answer for!

Anyone who has worked in a shop has at least heard domeone say 'I know my consumer rights!' :secruity:
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hayley...)
They're pretty fab off road, like...

I shudder to think what happens to the child hit by its cowcatcher-esque bars at 35 mph...
They pretty much havent got a hope.
When I was at school there was a big campaign to get rid of bull bars on car as the chance of survival declines so much if your hit at 30mph by a car that has them.
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
Anyone who has worked in a shop has at least heard domeone say 'I know my consumer rights!' :secruity:

They tend not to an' all..

"Oh, this has a £1 sticker on it, you HAVE to sell to me at that price. I know my rights!"

No, you don't. And don't put £1 stickers on our stock, you cheapskate!
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Off road vehicles are pretty fab off road, like...

But hey, if you want to buy it, no problem with me really. Just ain't my kinda vehicle...
The grills are illegal now anyway.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

"Oh, this has a £1 sticker on it, you HAVE to sell to me at that price. I know my rights!"

My favourite one was:

@You have to give me a refund its the law!'
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)

They are?

I never knew that. Well, I guess that's fairly obvious.

I like small cars, personally.
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?

Ha would be funny if someone in a pound store couldn't add up. 5 items...how much does it cost? Duuuuuur.
undercover-ange
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oooh I hate them. I picked my mum up from working in a primary school today (we share a car and my need was greater) and almost all the mothers had these spotlessly clean off road vehicles to pick their children up in. I wouldn't mind if the women had any spacial awareness or consideration but they didn't. Hence chaos. And then one of them got annoyed with me because i was trying to come out of the car park as she was cutting the corner coming in in her huge car. Grr xxx
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bu the thing is if a kid gets hits by a car they'll go on to the bonnet and stand more chance of survival. Get hit by a car with a higher centre of gravity (4x4) legs will most defninitely get broken and the kid will probably end up under the car.

So still more dangerous from that aspect.
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
My favourite one was:

@You have to give me a refund its the law!'

What part of 'this is offered in addition to your statutory rights' do people not understand?

Far too many companies wuss out and give into customers, so they assume it's the law now.

Gah, and of course when I insist we don't have to and get the manager, thinking they'll back me up, they don't!

I've had people giving me smug grins, needlessly. How rude.
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
(Original post by undercover-ange)
Oooh I hate them. I picked my mum up from working in a primary school today (we share a car and my need was greater) and almost all the mothers had these spotlessly clean off road vehicles to pick their children up in. I wouldn't mind if the women had any spacial awareness or consideration but they didn't. Hence chaos. And then one of them got annoyed with me because i was trying to come out of the car park as she was cutting the corner coming in in her huge car. Grr xxx
Clean off roaders ,yeah. I heard a really bafoonish guy in my year go 'personally I think the Trooper looks better with a bit of dirt on her.'
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
Bu the thing is if a kid gets hits by a car they'll go on to the bonnet and stand more chance of survival. Get hit by a car with a higher centre of gravity (4x4) legs will most defninitely get broken and the kid will probably end up under the car.

So still more dangerous from that aspect.
Is a kid more likely to be hit by a Range Rover than a Mondeo?
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ha would be funny if someone in a pound store couldn't add up. 5 items...how much does it cost? Duuuuuur.

The kind of people who put stickers on our stock probably would get confused. Urgh.

Sriously, I work in Claire's. Security are ALWAYS ringing us telling us that someone has been caught in Poundland with our stock. Why pick the two least classy shops in the centre to steal from? You ain't gonna make much for them down the pub. Work it out, silly thieves...
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is a kid more likely to be hit by a Range Rover than a Mondeo?
I don't see why that's relevant.

But probably, because they're more likely to be driven by mothers outside schools shouting at kids in the back-seat and not concentrating on the road.
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
The kind of people who put stickers on our stock probably would get confused. Urgh.

Sriously, I work in Claire's. Security are ALWAYS ringing us telling us that someone has been caught in Poundland with our stock. Why pick the two least classy shops in the centre to steal from? You ain't gonna make much for them down the pub. Work it out, silly thieves...
Claire's is funny. You can watch (and laugh) at scally girls getting their ears pierced through the window.Saturday afternoon- back of the net!
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I used to work in Girl Heaven and u used to see them and it was like 'eurgh of all things to steal...a wand....seriously!'
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't see why that's relevant.

But probably, because they're more likely to be driven by mothers outside schools shouting at kids in the back-seat and not concentrating on the road.
Stop stereotyping off roader drivers. The vast majority will still be country folk and the horsey set.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads