Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I borrowed a friends black skirt for a church service on Sunday (mine was too tatty), and it now has loads of lap creases in it which weren't there before. I don't know why I've made it crease and she doesn't, but that's just how it seems to be with all my skirts. Anyway, is there any way of getting rid of them so the skirt looks as good as it did for when I give it back to her? Ironing doesn't seem to have worked.

ReputationRep:
    Please help - I have to give it back on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    wash it well, and iron it/press it whilst damp inside out

what's the material btw?

ReputationRep:
    Sit on it, back to front, then the lap creases will be on the back - less noticeable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Sit on it, back to front, then the lap creases will be on the back - less noticeable
    I shouldn't laugh. Or even be posting this. It's not helpful. Sorry
    I always break peoples clothes, so i've decided not to borrow anymore

ReputationRep:
    What material is it?
    I'd iron it inside out, on the highest heat setting it allows, with lots of steam, and also spray it with water. Than hang it up ASAP

ReputationRep:
    Hang the skirt up in your bathroom, have a really hot shower, and the steam from that should help get creases out

ReputationRep:
    hang it up in the bathroom and put the shower on REALLY hot. the steam should make the creases drop out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    Hang the skirt up in your bathroom, have a really hot shower, and the steam from that should help get creases out
    beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. I'll try that tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Only iron black stuff inside out.

ReputationRep:
    try ironing it maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say use your steamer - but most people don't have one... try the shower thing.

Are the creases really that bad?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.