The Student Room Group

Help needed asap!

Just a bit of background, I have been seeing this guy for about 8 months (long distance) but he still hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend yet. We act as if we are together and we have spoke about the future and everything, he’s told his friend we may as well be together so I’m wondering why he’s still not asked me to be his girlfriend. I’ve told him I love him but he hasn’t said it to me yet. We’re both quite fiery people and he can sometimes speak to me disrespectfully, blame arguments on me and sometimes joke about other girls to me which can lead to disagreements from time to time.

However my main concern is he is going on a stag do in a couple of days with two of his friends who I’m not really keen on purely because they treat girls with no respect. He’s told me he’s not going with the intention of cheating and that he’d be upset if we ever had to end things but he said “i’m single” and “it’s a stag do” which I’m assuming he’s saying it makes it a bit more ok if he does something. A few months ago he told me he was “off the market” but now he’s going on a stag do he’s suddenly “single”. He has also been teasing me about posting loads of girls on his socials while he is there. I have tried to speak to him about it all and say if it was the other way round I know he would be really hurt if I did something to him and that going on a stag do or being “single” does not mean it makes it ok to hurt me. I sometimes think maybe he’s not asked me to be his girlfriend yet so he can still use that excuse of “i’m single” so it’s ok if he does something when he goes out.

I also know there will be strippers at this stag do which I’m not completely ok with and I have told him about that but it is his friend that booked it so there isn’t a lot I can do.

I just need a bit of advice or just someone to tell me what they’d do in my situation please.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Have you asked him to be your boyfriend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending