Gcses r **** 9777666
Not taken the bmat yet obviously
Original post by tecna
1st class in mchem
A levels r AAA
Gcses r **** 9777666
Not taken the bmat yet obviously

Hiya, I saw your original thread title was "Should I apply for gem at oxford?"
It looks like someone has merged your post into this applicants thread now.
To answer your question - I think you need to split this into two questions - "should I apply for GEM?" and "should I apply to Oxford?". Oxford has pros and cons just like every other uni, if there's a specific worry about it then please share. GEM is a bigger choice and one I'm not sure I am best qualified to help you with.
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya, I saw your original thread title was "Should I apply for gem at oxford?"
It looks like someone has merged your post into this applicants thread now.
To answer your question - I think you need to split this into two questions - "should I apply for GEM?" and "should I apply to Oxford?". Oxford has pros and cons just like every other uni, if there's a specific worry about it then please share. GEM is a bigger choice and one I'm not sure I am best qualified to help you with.

Thnx for the reply
My gcses r a bit **** so I was wondering if putting oxford down would be too risky
Can I apply to both oxford n cambridge
Overall is my application too **** to be accepted into med skwl
I have care home work experience
Volunteering tutoring etc
Original post by tecna
Thnx for the reply
My gcses r a bit **** so I was wondering if putting oxford down would be too risky
Can I apply to both oxford n cambridge
Overall is my application too **** to be accepted into med skwl
I have care home work experience
Volunteering tutoring etc
You can't apply to Oxford and Cambridge, you must pick one. (Edit: this has been corrected below.) Oxford (in general) place far greater emphasis on GCSEs than most other unis. Honestly I expect you may be disappointed if you apply. Full details about how unis treat your GCSEs here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033950

Later I'm going to split this conversation into its own thread as it's not best suited for an applicants thread.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you, I didn't know that!
still learning from @ecolier posts! Mind blown.This had never occurred to me.

Quick Reply

Latest