Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! My current media project in A2 is to accumulate some different methods of research (such as posting a thread on a forum and getting some replies!!) which I will then be using in my exam in January.

I am looking into representation of knife crime in newspaper tabloids and BBC News.

I would be SO grateful if people could take some time to look at the following youtube video of a BBC report on crime; as little or as much of the video as you like, and answer the questions provided, also inputting some own opinions of the clip.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qkXXwq0h6qc

Questions

1. How has the report influenced you into thinking about the current knife crime situation?
    2. Do you think that the News are in fact picking up on knife crime as something shocking/interesting to inlcude in the media, rather than the actual crime increasing?
    3. Did the report shock/frighten you in any way?
    4. Please comment on any particular items of the report that you thought were significant or simply interesting/odd.

Thank you for helping with my critical research. Please feel free to give me feedback and comments on the subject.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.