Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Forum Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Forum Assistant
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    Comfort, and to fit in with everyone else. You look like a **** with all your buttons done up, when your 13.

You can tell that you got 11 A*'s without even looking at your signature.
    Lol, I could hazard a guess at who he votes for, how he spends his time out of education, libraries and the study from that post.

ReputationRep:
    Short and Fat

The way to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulli)
    We were told to, but I never did
    I did have it quit long though, i hate short ties
    and instead of having it thick side showing, I always used to turn it into a skinny tie, but just reversing it when I did it

i messed around alottt with my school uniform, but nothing i believed would set a bad example.

Great wearing it like that was'nt it!? Did you have a favourite length?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keziah)

Before I started at the school, people used to tie them the wrong way round (ie: the thin end of the tie visible), and as short as was physically possible - literally just a few centimetres long.

EDIT: And I was a prefect!

So doubt you'd of got "clocked" for that! Well cool

ReputationRep:
    you are so rebellious......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolaClime Student)
    Great wearing it like that was'nt it!? Did you have a favourite length?
    i used to have it pretty long, wasn't a fan of the short stubby ties :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulli)

Guess it depends, yeah We did our's a few CM's long for attention, still though you'd not have much fat part to hiide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulli)

Wass' up, u not talking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toofaforu)
    you are so rebellious......
    I can't help being "a natural" can I!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolaClime Student)
    Guess it depends, yeah We did our's a few CM's long for attention, still though you'd not have much fat part to hiide!
    yeah alot of people i knew did that too, i wasnt feeling it aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulli)

Not much to feel though really! Unlless you was like our Skl and messed up a lil Year 7s Tie who had it a few CM's long and then wow it was seen in all it's glory!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulli)
    Was you often busted 4 it!!?

ReputationRep:
    always undo top 2 buttons and have a tie with a big knot quite loose about 4 inches long, and untuck shirt lol also roll up skirt really doesnt bother teachers so we can get away with it

Seems new fashion tho is longer ties, not really many people have short ties now.

ReputationRep:
    I ripped my top button off on all my shirts but one which is the one I wear when at formal events such as prize ceremonies and stuff.

Full Windsor.

ReputationRep:
    The way a **** wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saranotsarah)
    I had a huge argument with my mum this morning because she thinks that I'm setting a bad example to my younger sisters by not wearing my tie with the top button done up as stated in the school rules and about the fact that school is clamping down on uniform and how it's worn, and how loads of kids are getting detentions for not wearing their ties with the top buttons of their shirts fastened and she doesn't want them to be next.

I've always had to wear a tie from reception right up to sixth form and have never done up my top button, but I am quite good at hiding it under the knot of the tie so I don't get into trouble.

So did/do you do your top button up or leave it undone, and if you did/do undo it, is it just sometimes or all of the time and if undone, then how undone, i.e. is it right down, or is it a 'neat' undone? I need some evidence to show my mum that I'm not the only one! :p:
    You make the assumption that all secondary schools had ties and blazers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    Full Windsor.
    The only way I know how to tie one

At my school, only the guys had to wear ties but the majority of them would loop it around the knot to make it as short and fat as possible. Or they'd wear their jumpers over the collars of their shirts and not wear the tie at all.

ReputationRep:
    My school consfiicated my tie because it wasn't a clip-on -.-

Like a boss:

Spoiler:
    Show
    And before any over-zealous fanboys mention, I know that is Solid Snake and not Big Boss.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.