I'm getting kicked out because I have failed...

Watch this thread
Skrtos
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I'm a second-year international student and I failed the second year because of some reasons that were out of my control. The university just gave me a certificate of higher education and then sent me an e-mail saying I'm withdrawn from the university and should leave the UK, etc.
I sent an appeal with the proof that I have ADHD and Depression. However, the university still rejected my appeal. I can submit a final review form but I don't think they will be understanding. I really don't know what I am gonna do. Can you guys give me an advice please? Thanks.
yasmin03
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
talk to your tutor ASAP and ask them for help
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Skrtos)
Hi, I'm a second-year international student and I failed the second year because of some reasons that were out of my control. The university just gave me a certificate of higher education and then sent me an e-mail saying I'm withdrawn from the university and should leave the UK, etc.
I sent an appeal with the proof that I have ADHD and Depression. However, the university still rejected my appeal. I can submit a final review form but I don't think they will be understanding. I really don't know what I am gonna do. Can you guys give me an advice please? Thanks.
Contact your student union. They’ll be familiar with the process for making an appeal.
ARUOfficial
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Skrtos)
Does your uni have a wellbeing or disability team? Give it a quick Google, hopefully they do and the advisors could help you navigate the process. The SU is also a good shout from Admit-One because they are there to provide impartial advice. However, from experience, those best placed to help you are the advisors on disability / wellbeing support.

Good luck and I hope you get a chance to retake your exams / assignments.

Best wishes
Megan
#teamARU
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I think most universities only accept extenuating circumstances (which includes disabilities) a certain amount of time before exams are taken, not after.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Contact your student union. They’ll be familiar with the process for making an appeal.
Thank you for your reply. I had a call with my student union just now. They said I can ask for Final Review and talk to my faculty. I will fill the Final Review form but I don't think there is any hope because they weren't understanding about my appeal which I have stated that I have medical conditions.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yasmin03)
talk to your tutor ASAP and ask them for help
I sent an e-mail to him but I got an automatic reply that says he is on annual leave and won't be able to catch up with the e-mail...
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
I think most universities only accept extenuating circumstances (which includes disabilities) a certain amount of time before exams are taken, not after.
I thought that too but, When I was growing up because the symptoms were disappearing my family decided to make me stop taking the medicines. However, when I get my results, I went to a psychiatrist to check if there is something wrong with me that affects me academically and turns out that when I started to grow up, my ADHD became predominantly inattentive rather than hyperactive-impulsive.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I thought that too but, When I was growing up because the symptoms were disappearing my family decided to make me stop taking the medicines. However, when I get my results, I went to a psychiatrist to check if there is something wrong with me that affects me academically and turns out that when I started to grow up, my ADHD became predominantly inattentive rather than hyperactive-impulsive.
I appreciate that may be the case but I think unis are still quite strict on that and will refuse to consider extenuating circumstances if they’re not submitted by a certain deadline. Also, normally people aren’t kicked out after failing once, can you not retake the module(s) you failed?
Last edited by Son of the Sea; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
I appreciate that may be the case but I think unis are still quite strict on that and will refuse to consider extenuating circumstances if they’re not submitted by a certain deadline. Also, normally people aren’t kicked out after failing once, can you not retake the module(s) you failed?
Unfortunately I can't, because I failed the year..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (14)
17.5%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (21)
26.25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (41)
51.25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5%

Watched Threads