The Student Room Group

Waiting for confirmation in clearing

I've been given an offer in clearing and I have added the university before the deadline they gave me but now it's been almost two weeks and the university hasn't confirmed my place yet . I've seen so many of my friends getting their places confirmed very fast should I be worried?!
Original post by Khnsaa
I've been given an offer in clearing and I have added the university before the deadline they gave me but now it's been almost two weeks and the university hasn't confirmed my place yet . I've seen so many of my friends getting their places confirmed very fast should I be worried?!

Have you already met the requirements of the offer? Or are you still waiting for your exam results?
UCAS Hub is currently closed so that the Unis can process the Scottish results.
It will reopen for a few days on 9th August and you will then be able to see any offer that the Uni has made.
Reply 3
Original post by martin7
Have you already met the requirements of the offer? Or are you still waiting for your exam results?

I think I have because I got all my results and I have applied directly through the university website, then they sent me an email saying that they are offering me a place and I just should release myself into clearing and add them ad my choice before the deadline
Original post by Khnsaa
I think I have because I got all my results and I have applied directly through the university website, then they sent me an email saying that they are offering me a place and I just should release myself into clearing and add them ad my choice before the deadline

I suspect your best approach is to phone the university's admissions team tomorrow and politely enquire what the situation is, whether there's anything else you need to do, and if they can give an indication of when your place will be confirmed.
Reply 5
Original post by Khnsaa

I am in the exact same situation. Applied directly through the University website. Had the interview. Got an offer. Sent off my certificates and ROPA, DBS and Studunt finance forms and still havent heard back from them. Everytime I called them since last week they kept promising me that It will be sent to my email the very next day. They're not responding to my email either. I have been anxious about this for the last 2 weeks. This was the University of Bradford.

I had a call from their clearing line last week making me an offer for the same course asking me if I would like to apply. I informed them that I had already applied and was waiting for them to confirm my place.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by amr007
I am in the exact same situation. Applied directly through the University website. Had the interview. Got an offer. Sent off my certificates and ROPA, DBS and Studunt finance forms and still havent heard back from them. Everytime I called them since last week they kept promising me that It will be sent to my email the very next day. They're not responding to my email either. I have been anxious about this for the last 2 weeks. This was the University of Bradford.

I had a call from their clearing line last week making me an offer for the same course asking me if I would like to apply. I informed them that I had already applied and was waiting for them to confirm my place.

Have you added the choice as your clearing choice on the UCAS hub?
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Have you added the choice as your clearing choice on the UCAS hub?

No I haven't as I applied directly though the University website. I have been recieving the communications directly from the Uni via emails and haven't been asked to do anything on UCAS. Is that something that has to be done? They Also asked me to fill in a form (ROPA) because I wasn't going through Ucas.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by amr007
No I haven't as I applied directly though the University website. I have been recieving the communications directly from the Uni via emails and haven't been asked to do anything on UCAS. Is that something that has to be done? They Also asked me to fill in a form (ROPA) because I wasn't going through Ucas.

Then once your RPA is submitted to UCAS then your place should be confirmed.
Reply 9
Turns out I sent them ROPA while I had an application in UCAS. SO when they uploaded my ROPA to UCAS, they declined it since I already had an application in place.

I added this on UCAS and the University of Bradford confirmed my place the next day. Was such a relief and I am really excited !!
What's ROPA
Original post by ktzielinska
What's ROPA

A Record of Prior Acceptance. A way for a university to set up a ucas application for a single choice. It’s only an option if you don’t have a ucas application and it restricts you to a single choice so many universities will prefer not to use it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending