The Student Room Group

GPA query

Hi guys, I'm a Zimbabwean graduate Civil Engineer. I completed my Bachelor's Degree in Turkey with an overall CGPA of 3.08/4.00

I would like to know the equivalency of such a GPA to UK rankings whether it's a 2.1 or a 2.2

can someone please help me with that, I would like to know my standing and see which UK universities are likely to accept my application for a Master's Degree.

Thank you.
I don't think you'll find a centrally-managed agreed-upon conversion. To be sure, you should check with the actual university where you're hoping not do your Masters.

However, this says "For programmes requiring a UK 2:1, a GPA of 3.0 or equivalent is required."

This provides the same conversion: "Upper Second Class Hons (2:1) | 3.0/4".

This suggests a GPA of 2.9 in Turkey is a 2:1 in the UK: "If you hold a Bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.9/4.0 or 3.5/5.0, or an upper second class honours degree, from a recognised university you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree (depending on the subject you wish to study)."

I checked a couple of other UK unis too. They all agree that your 3.08 is the equivalent of 2:1 and would be accepted for entry to a Masters degree.
thank you so much for your response. i appreciate

Quick Reply