The Student Room Group

Have your say: Guide to A-level results day 2022

Here's where you can post a comment about our Guide to A-level results day 2022 article.

Read the full Guide to A-level results day 2022 article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.

Scroll to see replies

when do universities get your grades? 6 am in the morning? :smile:
Original post by jfdsjdn

I believe they get them on the 17th
If you take exams as a private candidate, do you need to send the results to your firm uni?
Original post by penguingirl18
If you take exams as a private candidate, do you need to send the results to your firm uni?

Hi PG.

I don't think this you do this, as your exam centre sends them to UCAS/your uni. :smile:

@artful_lounger if you could just confirm this. :tongue:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi PG.

I don't think this you do this, as your exam centre sends them to UCAS/your uni. :smile:

Thanks Triplex! I thought this was the case but just wanted to make sure. :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi PG.

PRSOM :smile:

I believe for A-levels unis are sent the results directly by the exam board, so you shouldn't need to. For IB and other exam systems I'm not as sure - I applied as a post qualification applicant after IB so just had to provide the certificate I already had in hand when I enrolled at the start of term.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by rosacherry
I believe they get them on the 17th

No it's much earlier
Reply 8
Hello does anyone know if there are A level resits in september or November in 2022 after a level results day in 2022? thanks
Original post by km9422
Hello does anyone know if there are A level resits in september or November in 2022 after a level results day in 2022? thanks

No, except for international A levels that are scheduled in the Autumn as usual, there will be no A level resits from AQA, OCR, Edexcel or Eduqas until summer 2023. I think that also applies to WJEC in Wales and CCEA in Northern Ireland.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jfdsjdn

We’re expecting to get the A level results on the evening of Friday the 12th.

If you listed your exam centre correctly on ucas then ucas will get them from your exam board and match them to your application.

If your application hasn’t updated on results day then that can sometimes mean that ucas weren’t able to match your results to your application. If your firm is still conditional then ring them up and they’ll explain if you need to send anything in.
Original post by jfdsjdn

Frday 12 August. This is why UCAS Hub closes for applicant access for this period - so that Unis can process all the results and make the complicated decisions about which near-miss to accept etc , and get all of this entered - so that as many decisions as possible are made before Results Day.
Original post by km9422

NO.
This was only available last year because of Covid exam disruption - it will not be available this year.

And btw, next June resits will be for the whole syllabus not the selected 'advanced info' from this year, so if you do resit, you will have to study the entire syllabus.
Original post by PQ
If you listed your exam centre correctly on ucas then ucas will get them from your exam board and match them to your application.

If your application hasn’t updated on results day then that can sometimes mean that ucas weren’t able to match your results to your application. If your firm is still conditional then ring them up and they’ll explain if you need to send anything in.

My exam centre wasn't listed on my UCAS application. Should I contact my firm uni and/or UCAS in advance then?

Thank you. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
My exam centre wasn't listed on my UCAS application. Should I contact my firm uni and/or UCAS in advance then?

Phone UCAS on Monday to check if you do need to do anything - 0371 468 0 468.
Original post by McGinger
Phone UCAS on Monday to check if you do need to do anything - 0371 468 0 468.

Thanks, I'll call them. :smile:

Thank you. :smile:

Just fill in this form to amend the exam centre number UCAS has on record: https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application
Original post by PQ
Just fill in this form to amend the exam centre number UCAS has on record: https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application

PRSOM Thank you so much!
Can someone link a credible source that confirms that there will not be A-level resits in November 2022? Kind Regards

Quick Reply

Latest