The Student Room Group

The TSR Commonwealth Games Birmingham Quiz!

Welcome to a very special Commonwealth Games edition of the Quiz of the Week!

As part of TSR's ongoing celebration of the Commonwealth Games, we've got a second special quiz for you and this one is all about England's second (and most unfairly maligned) city!

For more regular D&CA quiz content, visit the master thread for more details and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted via Google Forms, and you have until next Wednesday at midnight (or Tuesday at 11.59pm if that is clearer) to play the game! The form will ask you to fill in your TSR username, and this is essential if you want to be in contention for the prize! Please feel free to comment and share your scores below this also makes verifying the scores easier!

As usual, there's a tiebreaker question in place. This is one where the answer is a number that you're unlikely to know exactly. If there's a tie for first place, the winner of the prize will be the person who gets closest to the correct answer! (And yes, it can also help us spot anyone who looks like they might have received help from Google as they did the quiz.)

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. Once again we're able to offer a prize of 100 rep, thanks to the Community Staff!

Happy quizzing!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Super Quotey McQuoteface for all the people on our taglist and who have posted in the sweepstake, discussion thread or first quiz!

Spoiler

I've never heard of balti :redface:

4/10 this week
I got 1/10 :biggrin:

I guess it's the taking part that counts. :tongue:
(edited 1 year ago)
My usual 4/10 :yy:
i got 10/10! :smile:
6/10 don't know much about Birmingham.
6/10
Fairly pleased given that I'm not terribly familiar with the city.
Original post by sophie hart

Seesh, got 2/10 via guessing
Original post by TriplexA
I got 1/10 :biggrin:

I guess it's the taking part that counts. :tongue:

Thank you for making me feel better about my quizzing skills :lol: :tongue:
Original post by Talkative Toad
Seesh, got 2/10 via guessing

Thanks for repping me! To be honest i only had a little bit of knowlege and just mainly guessed!

Nice! :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
Nice! :biggrin:

Spoiler

If you know about Birmingham then you'll have the maximum points surely....

I think if any donations of points is going to happen perhaps the person who scores the lowest should get them for at least attempting the quiz.
Original post by Tracey_W
If you know about Birmingham then you'll have the maximum points surely....

I think if any donations of points is going to happen perhaps the person who scores the lowest should get them for at least attempting the quiz.

I guessed them all. :biggrin:

Was only a bit of fun so I don't mind being last. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
I guessed them all. :biggrin:

Was only a bit of fun so I don't mind being last. :smile:

Yeah I guessed a few and got them wrong especially I put the wrong year for Aston villa winning the European cup as only realised that when I did the score.
Sometimes guessing the answers could be right 🤪
It's bit of fun doing this as you said xx
Thanks for repping me! To be honest i only had a little bit of knowlege and just mainly guessed!

That's even better then
(edited 1 year ago)
2/10 :colondollar:
just like to dedicate this to my pet gerbil :lovedup:
hopefully whilst watching the games I will learn something more :colondollar:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I've never heard of balti :redface:

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
3/10

bostin'

:emo:
Fwiw I ran this past my neighbourhood University Challenge team and they scored 3/10, so any advance on that is an excellent score! :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest